Season One Episode Twenty

The Republic base, or whatever it was called, was finished. Moatia saw tents and a holotable had been set up. Even from a distance, Moatia could see the clones bustling about in their distinct white and lavender armor. Neeka was visible, too. She was talking to a clone, but then walked away into a tent.

As Moatia and Curse approached the camp, Curse nudged Moatia. "Remember our deal. You have to tell the General your glowing stick is missing."

"First we need to make our report, right?" Moatia asked, not really wanting to talk to her Master. Losing her lightsaber might undo all the progress they made. Moatia pulled on her braids.

"I'll do that. You go talk to your Master before you chicken out." Curse messed with her hair. Moatia scowled at him and Curse laughed. "Don't give me that face, Commander. I know you well enough now."

"If you say so," Moatia sighed, pulling Curse's hand off her head.

"Good luck!" Curse called out as they parted ways.

Moatia sighed as she ducked into the tent she saw her Master go into.

"Hello, Padawan." Neeka turned around, seeming a little surprised. She was standing in the pose Moatia had come to associate with her master— feet shoulder-width apart, arms tucked into sleeves.

"Hi, Master." Moatia stood by the door, awkwardly playing with her sleeves and fighting the urge to pull on her hair. She stared at the ground.

"What's wrong, Moatia?" Neeka asked.

Moatia shifted her gaze to the ceiling, "Uhm... Master, I... I seemed to have misplaced my lightsaber?" She struggled to get the words out, fearful of her Master's response. She glanced uncertainly at Neeka.

To Moatia's great surprise, Neeka was smiling. This was not the response she anticipated, and Moatia's anxiety skyrocketed.

"Is this the lightsaber you were looking for?" Neeka asked, pulling back her long sleeves to reveal a silver lightsaber. Moatia's lightsaber.

"What." The word slipped out of Moatia's mouth as she stood there, utterly and completely flabbergasted.

"Zap brought it to me before we departed the Paradox," Neeka said, still smiling. She offered the lightsaber to Moatia.

Moatia held it gently in her hands, treasuring the feel of its metal. "Where did he find it?" Moatia asked, looking up.

"Zap said you left it in the kitchen," Neeka said, with a small laugh.

"Oh," Moatia said, clipping her saber on her belt.

"I don't think I need to lecture you on the importance of keeping your lightsaber," Neeka said, "This was an accident, I understand but make sure it doesn't happen again."

"I think I'm going to ask Curse or Zap to install a tracker in it," Moatia said, remembering all the times she lost her textbooks in the temple.

"That might be smart," Neeka laughed again. Moatia looked up with a smile.

Curse had been right, after all. Her master wasn't mad at all.

 Not that, y'know, Moatia would ever tell Curse he was right. She worried for his ego sometimes.

"General," A clone that Moatia didn't know rushed in, "We have a call from the Admiral." He didn't have his helmet on and Moatia saw he had his head shaved, but he had two red striped tattoos that ran from his eyebrows to the bottom of his nose, parallel to his eyes.

"Thank you," Neeka dipped into a respectful bow and Moatia copied, "We'll go now."

The clone just nodded before racing out.