Bonus!!

Hi everyone! The Paradox of Moatia Rhaden will return January 1st! In the meantime, please enjoy the extra little content I have prepared!

This short ficlet takes place between the ending of Season 1 and the beginning of Season 2:

Cinnamon leaned forward, resting his arm on his leg and his face in his palm.

As Conlan walked away from him, all of the Captain's mannerisms began to change.

His shoulders pulled back, his posture straightened, his eyes hardened, and his mouth formed a straight line.

Cinnamon knew well enough that Conlan wasn't angry or upset with anything.

Simply acting like a Captain.

He had been like this ever since they were little. But Cinnamon still remembered the sniffly little boy that had crawled into his sleep pod with him to study after hours because his greatest fear was failing his weekly leadership exams.

Conlan couldn't hide from Cinnamon, so he let the act of a hardened and wise captain fall.

Perhaps that was why he enjoyed hanging out with Cinnamon so much. Why he let Cinnamon get away with things others couldn't.

That wasn't to say Conlan was a completely different person when alone or even when with Cinnamon. He was still reserved, quiet. A closed door, if you will.

Cinnamon had just mastered the art of peering in between the cracks.

Conlan faced the new batch of rookies. He barked orders at them, lecturing them on the new rules and new way of life.

Sternly telling them that there was no room for mistakes aboard the Paradox or in General Lowh's army.

Cinnamon wasn't sure if the younger brothers could pick up on this yet, but despite the intimidating look on Conlan's face and the harsh tone coming from his lips, Conlan was saying everything he was because he cared.

He cared so much.

Though Captain Conlan never weeped.

Weeping was what little CC-3213 did late at night in his sleep pod on Kamino.

Captain Conlan took the unshed tears and the pain and the regret and shoved them deep inside until they became mantras and improvements.

Then he shared them with the survivors.

Cinnamon watched lazily as Commander Moatia Rhaden introduced herself to the shinies.

She would be leaving soon, to do some Jedi business on Coruscant. But the General had allowed her to introduce herself to the shinies before she left.

It seemed the little jedi had specifically requested to introduce herself to the shinies before her departure.

Jedi, specifically his Jedi, often puzzled Cinnamon. The Commander had gone out of her way to visit shinies she would most likely never work with before leaving for her Jedi duties, and the general had allowed it. The General who was never consistent in her actions and behaviors. At first she seemed cold, aloof, and detached, as if she despised the galaxy and wanted everyone to know it. Although it seemed to Cinnamon that she was changing, ever so slightly. Somehow she masterfully balanced being aloof to the point of cruelty and acting as a compassionate mentor to her padawan. She had become kinder to the clones, as well.

As Cinnamon pondered over his complicated Jedi, Moatia finished her introduction. Conlan turned to look at Commander Rhaden, allowing Cinnamon a glance at his face.