Season Two Episode Nine

"What are you adding to yours, bro?" Zap asked, leaning over Curse's shoulder

"What are you adding to yours, bro?" Zap asked, leaning over Curse's shoulder. They were sitting in a circle with a bunch of other brothers. The Captain had just distributed paint buckets for them to touch up their armor and add stuff to it.

All of their armor was chipped after their stint on Riosa and that other planet they had just been to with the General.

After a battle was the best time to share stories so they always grouped up. They even had pilots in this circle. Normally, those brothers tended to keep to their squads.

"I learned a new Riosan curse word!" Curse announced proudly.

"How'd you manage that?" Zap asked, being as annoying as ever. He was especially jittery because Lyss hadn't let him go join the battle on Riosa and restricted him to helping with medical tasks during their second mission.

Zap needed the chance to exhaust himself, but instead Curse received it. Sure it had been a couple weeks since Riosa, but he was still tired okay?

"A civvie told me. She brought me candy and I asked her," Curse said absentmindedly, carefully painting the word on his shoulder plate. He wanted it to be legible. Any Riosan he came across in the future would be greeted with this obscene word.

"Curse, you are oblivious," Conlan spoke up, sitting in front of them. He was just touching up his armor. Curse noted he hated having scratches on it. And after the last battle, there had been several.

"You're one to talk, Cap!" Zap laughed and looked at the Captain with his trademark mischievous smile.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Conlan asked. Curse snickered. He was no Jedi, but he foresaw Zap being hit in the near future. Several times.

Maybe the Captain would make Zap run laps. Curse grinned at the thought, and raised an eyebrow at his brother, silently goading him on. 

Curse then studied his shoulder plate, having finished painting the Riosan word. Happy with how it looked, he carefully clipped the shoulder plate back onto his armor.

Zap took the bait, though Curse was fairly certain Zap would've continued even without Curse' encouragement.

"You like the Admiral~~," Zap said in a sing-songy voice, cupping his face in his hands and tilting. Paired with a wide toothy grin, it painted a comical expression.

Curse watched Lyss lean forward expectantly, as if he knew he'd be needed soon, while the rest of the brothers in the painting circle backed up in anticipation.

Everyone knew what was coming soon. Even Zap knew it. The other brothers might not have noticed, but Curse could see the split hesitation in Zap's movements before he plowed on.

Curse had also been prepared to see Conlan's face go slightly red maybe, but he wasn't prepared for Conlan's eyes to widen into a nerf-in-the-headlights sort of look. The room seemed to go silent as the Captain stared at Zap dead on.