Season Four Episode Thirteen

" What do you have to report?" Jedi Master Plo Koon asked

Moatia didn't say a word and popped a chip into her mouth. They had just botched perhaps the easiest assignment they had ever gotten, and probably ever would get.

Neeka picked up Moatia's slack. "Not well, I am afraid. Khalida has overcome her hesitation and rejoined Dooku. It does not appear like she will defect anytime soon."

That was an understatement.

Khalida had been dejected when they first arrived, mourning her morally upstanding, outstanding citizen of a sister and moaning about how she had 'disappointed her sister'.

One would have thought she would stop being an assassin and help Moatia and Neeka end the war.

But no.

Now she seemed more dangerous than before, and Moatia hadn't been sure that was possible.

And they had even failed to capture her, with the sith had been unarmed for the majority of their meeting.

An all-around fail.

"While our excursion appears to be a failure, I believe we have learned several very important things," Neeka said.

Well... that was true. They had collected information in place of physical, tangible results. "We have identified one of Khalida's weaknesses." Moatia chimed in now, setting her bag of chips down in the chair.

"What is that, little one?" Master Plo Koon asked.

"Her sister." Moatia mimicked her Master by folding her arms behind her back. It felt more professional. "We found her in a heap at the feet of her late sister's statue. And she emphasized how she has been disappointing her sister and how she must now make her proud."

Master Plo nodded. "This is very useful. Master Lowh, anything to add?"

"I believe her mental health is cracking, and her physical health is soon to follow."

Well, Moatia hadn't picked up on that at all.

"There are traces of excessive use of the dark side on her skin. The area around her eyes looks as if it is cracking. And her pupils are a lighter red than before, with yellowish hues. They are also bloodshot."

While Moatia had noticed those changes in the Sith, she had not connected them to her use of the dark side.

Only now was she faintly remembering Master Yoda teaching them that the Dark side of the Force and its methods ate away at one's life force.

"It appears to me she is all of a sudden wracked with guilt over her actions, and is now going to try to compensate for them."

Moatia nodded her head and jumped into the conversation. "Her loyalty is for her sister, and by extension Mikkia. Not Dooku. We can use that to take her out, and weaken the Separatists." As she spoke, Khalida's words rattled around in her head.