Season Three Episode Four

After they had been in hyperspace for a few minutes, Salli stood up

"I'm going to update our employer on our status," she said. She stepped into the back room, pulling out a holotransmitter.

The door closed behind her, but Taika could still hear her talking to what sounded like another woman. This new person sounded angry, speaking quickly and harshly. Though, he couldn't hear what they were saying.

"Excuse me," Jym said. He got up and joined Salli in the back room.

Taika turned around in his chair to face the door, curious about this employer.

When the door opened, Taika caught a glimpse of who they were talking to. A mikkian woman held a long arched staff in her hands and scowled down on Jym and Salli.

"I did not hire you to be incompetent," she growled. "If you anger the count, I will bring the entirety of my wrath upon you both. And I have plenty of wrath to bestow."

"Of course," Salli said in a silky-smooth voice. "We promise not to disappoint."

The woman muttered something about not being allowed to do things herself, but she was cut off by the door sliding shut.

Taika flattened himself against the chair. He was thankful that Jym and Salli had to deal with the employer and not him. She seemed spooky.

As Jym and Salli came back in and sat down, Taika pressed himself further into the chair, not wanting them to know what he had overheard.

"We'll be there in about another hour," Jym said.

~~~

Taika held the package tightly in his hands staring at the huge square. Salli told him that it was divided into several sections because it was so big, but he was still surprised. Officially, the square had eight different marketplaces and four plazas, but Jym and Salli had drawn their own map where they split it into four chunks. They were delivering one package to each chunk.

Taika looked back at Jym and Salli.

Jym nodded at him, telling Taika to keep going.

Taika slowly walked towards the market stand Jym had pointed out, trying to navigate the crowd without bumping into anyone.

He got a few stares and mutters from people as they bonked against his beskar armor, but no one said anything.

The owner of the stall wasn't there, but Taika still glanced around before ducking underneath the table.

The tablecloth hid him from sight, and also muffled the sounds of the square, providing him the space to think.

Taika carefully took the lid off the package and pulled out the item inside. He wasn't sure what it was, but that didn't matter.

As long as he got the money.

He still handled the item carefully, gently setting it down on the ground.