Season Four Episode Seventeen

"Master, those people were quite suspicious

"Master, those people were quite suspicious." Mhana subtly glanced over her shoulder at the two shopkeepers.

"You think they're connected to the trafficking ring?" Neeka rested a hand on Mhana's shoulder so they wouldn't be separated as they pushed their way through the busy street.

"It is as good a lead as any. Did you also sense they were hiding something?" Mhana shut her eyes, playing with the hilt of her saber. "Even now, they are unsettled from our visit."

"I sensed their unease. But that could have been general unease at being interrogated by Jedi instead of admittance of guilt." Neeka scanned the crowd.

The Temple had sent Mhana and Neeka to Christophsis to investigate a strange pattern of disappearances in the capital city.

Now they were wandering a market square.

With little to no lead, Mhana had suggested taking the riskier route of asking the shopkeepers if they had seen, heard, or knew anything.

It would alert them to the Temple's presence and put the smugglers on high alert, but they had no choice. The missing persons were kidnapped from all around the city and at completely different times, there was no commonality linking them together.

So, if Mhana thought something was suspicious and needed a second look, Neeka wasn't going to argue.

She turned around to look at the shopkeepers they had just talked with.

One, a Togruta man, was whispering in a human woman's ear. As soon as they caught Neeka's gaze, they bolted, spilling the fruit they had been selling onto the ground in their hurry to get away.

"Ah," Neeka said. "I think they realized you caught them."

Mhana turned around. "Ma, you could've been more subtle." She was complaining, but a smile still graced her lips.

"My apologies, daughter."

They watched the two run in different directions.

"Perhaps we should split up, Master. They don't look particularly dangerous."

"Very well. I go left, you go right?"

Mhana sprinted off without another word. Leaping atop the roofs of the little shops, she was able to quickly navigate through the crowd.

Neeka was not as lucky and got caught on the busy street. Despite her constant yelling "Jedi Business, move aside", no one moved.

But luckily her target, the Togruta man, was just as unsuccessful and similarly wasn't going anywhere.

In fact, Neeka was gaining on him when she suddenly heard screaming coming from the crowd.

Her eyes followed pointed fingers and she gasped when she saw Mhana on the roof of a four-story building.