Season Four Episode Nine

Khalida sat on the grassy hill behind her house, twisting and ripping the blades with her hands

She found it oddly comforting.

She stared ahead at the sunset. It was several lovely shades of yellow and orange, but the bright colors painful to look at for too long. The blades of grass made a satisfying noise as she ripped them. Letting go of the blades of grass, they fluttered away in the wind.

"Lida! Lida!" Khalida turned around when she heard her sister call out to her.

"Hey, Risa," Khalida smiled.

The 6 dark blue head-tendrils on the sides of Risa's head fluttered angrily in the wind as she stuck her tongue out, "I've been looking for you everywhere, Khalida."

"Well you should've known to check up here earlier, Risa," Khalida pulled herself to her knees and dusted off her red dress, "I'm always up here."

"Just come on," Kharisa said, grabbing Khalida's hand and pulling her down the hill, "Before we're late again."

They ran down the hill, jumping over each other and pulling each other back with a wave of their hands.

Kharisa tripped over a rock, stumbling for a bit before falling to the ground. She quickly rolled back to her feet, grass staining her light purple dress. Still running, she dusted off her dress

Khalida laughed as she watched her sister fall, but stopped when she fell, too.

She glared at her sister's foot, laid out

Khalida reached a hand out in front of her and dragged Kharisa down with her. They both landed in a giggling heap on the ground.

In the distance, a large bell tolled.

The twin sisters glanced at each other in panic, "We're late," they whispered in unison.

They helped each other to their feet and dusted each other off, straightening their head tendrils.

It was much harder to get Khalida's under control. They whipped around her head.

"Why do you have so many?" Kharisa muttered as she dusted them off.

"Not my fault," Khalida shrugged, used to this question from her sister.

Once they were done, they took off down the hill. The two sisters no longer played games, hopping over and tripping each other. They ran silently and quickly.

They stopped running a few meters away from the large dining building. The two mikkian girls took a moment to gather themselves before strolling into the dining building.

"Girls, you're late," The mikkian chief sat at the head of the table, facing the entrance door.

"Should've snuck in through the kitchen," Khalida muttered. Kharisa elbowed her sister before they both gave quick bows.