Season Four Episode Two

Her sabers were gone

Her sabers were gone. Oh, Neeka was going to kill her. Her sabers had just waltzed away while she was trying on dresses.

Moatia couldn't breathe.

Phee was looking at them sheepishly from behind her counter. When Moatia caught her gaze, she tried to run away.

Pushing her worries aside, Moatia threw out her arm, and pulled the woman into the air. Her arms thrashed and her legs kicked wildly.

"Commander!" Anneli admonished. "Put her down!"

"It's not like I'm choking her, Anneli. She probably knows something about the man who ran off with my sabers!"

At the mention of the guy, Phee grew very still and Moatia could sense the other woman's stress over her own.

"What do you know about him?" Anneli asked slowly, edging towards the woman.

She remained silent. Moatia felt like a ticking time bomb.

Not only was she irresponsible and lost her most prized, and only, possession, but if her lightsabers were to be wielded incorrectly and harmed someone, that would be on her, too.

Seeing no other option, Moatia pressed into the woman's mind.

"I have bills to pay!" she wailed suddenly. "That gang is threatening to take my shop away if I don't pay! They already shot up my store last week!"

That explained the blaster marks on the wall.

"Where is he going?" Anneli asked, stepping forward.

"I don't know! Their headquarters or something." Phee began to weep.

"I'm so sorry, Moatia," Anneli apologized. "I should have been more careful."

"It's not your fault." But it didn't matter whose fault it was or wasn't, her lightsabers were still gone.

And this wasn't even the first time she had lost them.

Then something clicked in Moatia's head. "I installed trackers in my sabers!"

Curse had installed the tracker in her first one after she lost it before a mission, and helped her install the second one just a few weeks ago.

Moatia pulled out her commlink and pulled up the map. Sure enough, it showed her lightsaber as steadily moving away from her location.

"Let's go!" Anneli said, rushing out of the store. Moatia followed, her concentration breaking and dropping Phee to the ground.

"Wait!" she cried out. "You have to pay for the dress!"

Moatia ignored her.

~~~

Neeka draped a wet towel over her face. With no Moatia there to entertain her, she was feeling a bit bored.