Season Four Episode Nineteen

Neeka stared up at the crumbling pile of rock

Neeka stared up at the crumbling pile of rock. At one point it might have been a spectacular castle, but that day had long since passed. She saw only a few rooms that had all their walls and ceiling intact. Was Moatia in one of those, or was she not even on this planet?

"The Commander is here?" Curse asked incredulously, voicing Neeka's own thoughts. 

"The tracker in her saber is, at least." Zap looked up from his datapad. "Luckily, there's not that many clankers inside."

Neeka's hand rested on Moatia's other saber. Conlan had suggested bringing it along for Moatia to use once they rescued her.

"Do you know where in this... building Moatia's saber is?" Conlan asked.

"No, the tracker isn't that precise."

"I guess we do it the old-fashioned way." Cinnamon strode ahead. "Let's hurry."

Neeka glanced at Conlan before following the medic. "Stay on guard. Just because there are not many droids does not mean there won't be dangers of other kinds."

She sighed. This group was too big for them to move about quietly, but she wasn't sure who she would have removed. Besides, it was too late to do anything about it now.

Chills spread throughout Neeka's body as they stepped into the ruins. She took her lightsaber off her belt.

With no clear destination in mind and no building layout to follow, they wandered into what might have been a throne room.

Neeka said that because there were two crumbling chairs before them and disintegrating tapestries on the walls.

But there were no droids, nor any sign of Khalida. That made Neeka more nervous than anything else.

"Relax, General," Conlan muttered under his breath. Curse, Zap, and Cinnamon wandered on ahead.

"We're not exactly in a place to do so." Neeka glanced around her.

"Being too tense will negatively affect you in a fight. Stay alert, but there is no need to stress yourself out."

Neeka sighed. "Very well, Captain."

No sooner had she spoken those words did Neeka sense something was wrong.

"Wait!" she yelled to the three clones in front of her.

They froze on command, not even moving their heads to look back at her.

"What is it?" Conlan slowly pulled out his two blasters, his helmet bobbing slightly as he surveyed the room.

Then a loud cackle flooded the room. "I was wondering how long it would take for you to find me!"

Emerging from a hidden doorway behind the two crumbling chairs, Khalida spun a small metal cylinder in her hand.