Season Two Episode Fourteen

The flight from the Temple to the Senatorial quarters seemed longer than it should have been

Moatia wiggled in her seat and pulled on her braid for the zillionth time.

"Stop that." Neeka swatted at Moatia.

"I'm nervous," she complained.

"What for?"

"It's probably Senator Fanur that was kidnapped. Who knows where he is, if we'll find him, or how his condition will be when we find him. I just brought him back!"

"I know it is hard, little one, but try not to focus on what hasn't happened yet. We know nothing, so we can't jump to conclusions just yet. Focus on what you can do, what you can control."

Moatia drew in a deep breath. "I'll try, Master."

Neeka smiled, "That's my padawan."

As soon as they landed on the platform, security droids escorted them through lavish halls and to a door that was roped off and guarded by members of the Coruscant Guard.

The two clones stepped aside, lifting the rope to let Moatia and Neeka through.

The room had two fancy couches and a low table with a small potted plant. There were two doors that led to other rooms.

"Commander Rhaden!" a shrill voice called out as soon as Moatia stepped through the door into the room.

She saw Representative Yasi rush up to her, crying. "Oh, I'm so glad you're here! I kept telling that ridiculous investigator to call you but he kept refusing! I swear he must be a little daft."

"Oh, uh, hi Representative," Moatia stammered, a bit overwhelmed.

"Please call me Kida," she stepped back and wiped her eyes. The veil around her head looked a little crooked and it looked like she put it on in a hurry. Moatia also noticed she was still in her pajamas.

"Oh," Neeka said softly behind her. "I didn't realize it was two in the morning. We probably should've been sleeping instead of gardening."

"Oh, you must be her Master." Now Kida rushed over to Neeka. "You've raised such a wonderful little girl. She was such a help to us on our home planet." Though Kida hadn't looked tall next to the clones, the elderly woman towered over Neeka.

"I'm glad my Padawan was able to be of assistance." Neeka shot Moatia a proud smile.

"Now that the Jedi are here can I get on with my work?" a voice drawled. Moatia recognized it instantly, not sure that she could ever forget the voice of Investigator. He stepped out of the second room.

"Oh, my darling Cem-Kovi has been kidnapped!" Kida burst into tears, having the air of a very concerned mother. Moatia concentrated on the Force. A dark blue bubble was surrounded her, tinged with gray — Kida was miserable and a little bit guilty.