Season Four Episode Eight

Moatia was late to the meeting

Moatia was late to the meeting. In all fairness, though, it wasn't her fault. The prison was quite a distance from the Temple. And from the Temple, it took awhile to find a shuttle to take her to the Paradox, which was floating just inside Coruscant's atmosphere.

And once she was aboard the Paradox, she still had to walk from the hangar to the bridge for the mission briefing.

Moatia was almost to the Bridge when Conlan walked past her. With his helmet tucked underneath his arm, she saw the relieved look on his face.

"Hello, Captain!" Moatia greeted.

Upon closer inspection, he looked exhausted. "Hello, Commander."

"Are you not joining us on this mission?" If he were, Moatia doubted he would be walking away from the Bridge but she wanted to make sure, anyway.

"Not this time, Commander. Just you and the General. The Paradox is going to Nacronis to provide assistance to the 517th, so we won't be too far away."

"Oh," Moatia said. She wondered what just her and Neeka would be doing. Normally when just the two of them went into a negotiation or to extract some politician or war prisoner, at least a few troops from the Paradox would be on standby in case the mission went awry.

Which it normally did.

"By the way," Conlan said. "Do you know where Cinnamon is?"

"I think he's in the medbay. Why?"

"Nothing for you to worry about, Commander." That was Conlan's polite way of telling Moatia it was none of her business.

"Okay. Well, I'm off to the bridge then." Moatia waved and walked off.

She heard Conlan yawn from behind her as he headed toward the Medbay.

Very much late, Moatia tried to sneak onto the bridge. She silently stood next to Neeka, hoping her master would fail to notice her.

But of course, Neeka was much too observant for that. "Where have you been?" she whispered, eyes still trained on the holotable.

Moatia also looked in that direction. "Sorry," she whispered back.

It was Master Plo informing them of their mission this time, and Moatia could see Wolffe standing behind him. "Our intelligence reports Khalida is on her homeworld of Mikkia."

She was a bit surprised to see Master Plo was the one debriefing them. Neeka often made Moatia read up on all the mission reports sent to the Jedi Temple and she thought he had reported being off-world.

The sound of explosions and the shaking of the holo confirmed her theory.

"She is without any droids or Separatist support," Master Plo continued, trying his best to ignore the blaster sounds. Wolffe turned to the side and spoke into his comm, probably issuing orders to the troops outside.