Season Three Episode Twelve

Anneli stood on the bridge of her ship, pacing nervously

Anneli stood on the bridge of her ship, pacing nervously. She wasn't on the Paradox, thank the gods of Fest. She wasn't sure what she'd do if her flag ship was in this mess. Fortunately, her beloved ship was being repaired and updated on Corrie and the 314th had been assigned to The Miracle.

The true miracle was that this decrepit old ship was still functioning. A trio of Separatist fighters swooped across the bridge, emptying their ships of an assortment of bombs and missiles. Daz yelled something but it was lost in the sounds of the blasted things detonating against the shield. Anneli instinctively turned away from the window, blocking her head with her hands as she stumbled.

"Shield failing!" a clone called out.

"Hyperdrive damaged!" another one yelled over the sounds of the Miracle shaking.

The Separatist cruisers creeped forward, still blasting away. Anneli sighed and continued her pacing. More explosions rocked the ship as the shields fell.

"Admiral, the Enigma is coming out of hyperspace," Daz told her.

"Evacuate the ship!" Anneli shouted. "Send the pods over to the Enigma to pick up. Tell the fighters to protect those pods."

"Yes, ma'am," Daz nodded and relayed the orders.

Red lights and sirens turned on, creating a very eerie scene. The walls were bathed in red lights.

"That goes for you, too," Anneli told her crew, "Get to an escape pod or another ship and leave."

Not a single clone moved. "What about you, ma'am?" Daz asked.

Taking a deep breath, Anneli said, "I'm going to run this ship into the Separatist flagship."

"Are you sure, Admiral?" Daz asked.

"Yes. Now evacuate. That's an order."

Daz nodded to the other men and they filed out of the bridge. But, Daz didn't move.

"Daz?" Anneli asked, sort of surprised. "What are you doing?"

"You might need help piloting this rustbucket." Daz gave her a small smile.

Anneli returned the smile. She had to admit, she was a bit happy to not be alone. But she hated the thought of Daz dying even more.

"I'm not letting you die," Anneli said sternly, "You need to evacuate, now. That's an order."

"No," Daz said, surprising Anneli a bit. He wasn't usually one to disobey orders. But he picked the wrong time to contradict her expectations.

"Please, Daz," Anneli begged, trying a different tactic, "I don't want you to die with me. Please go."

The Miracle shook some more as a pair of clone fighters rushed by, firing at oncoming droid ships. Daz faltered a bit, and grabbed Anneli's arm. 

"I need someone I trust to pilot the Paradox." Anneli tried again. "I need you to be there to fly my ship."