Chapter 9

*Brooklyn's P.O.V* 

So I was on my way to go and cheer up Dean. The girls said I had to and that I was the only one that can  cheer him up even if other people had already done it. So I was kinda nervous to be honest. Will Dean ever want to talk to me after what has happened? Well I don't know because when I talked to him backstage he looked really sad. I heard his voice cracked a bit while we were hugging. Well we will just hope for the best. I found his room and I hesitately knocked on it. I heard noises on the other side of the door and then the door was opened. There was Dean who looked like he had been crying. He let me in once he found out that it was me that knocked. 

"If you don't want me here then I can leave" I said softly. He shook his head.

"No it's good that you are here." he gave me a small smile but I couldn't tell if it was real or not. He patted the seat in front of him on the bed and I sat in front of him.

"Tell me how you feel" I said. 

He took a deep breath and was trying to think of the words to say. I can tell that he was really sad about what Bray had said. Then he started to speak.

"I feel broken. I feel like I am in a situation that I didn't want to go back at. The words that he had said literally made me mad and I couldn't control the anger that was happening. I know what he is doing and it's not gonna work. He can think that it may work but it's not. I can't let him get inside my head. I can't and I won't. He may be my biggest challenge right now as a single compettior but I know that I can handle him. This fight that is gonna go on between us, it's gonna end messy and ugly at the same time" 

"I know exactly how that feels like because it always happens to me" I said. It was true actually. I did say that I kinda had a bad past and if someone brought it up I can't help but get mad.

"It's a terrible feeling you know? Something that you don't want to be reminded of" he said. 

I nodded because I understand him. I went through the same thing sometimes, but I'm not the one to tell him anything. 

"Just curious. But were you sent here from someone to check up on me?" he asked trying not to smirk. 

"Something like that" I said. 

"Who sent you here?"

"The Bellas. They said that I was the only one to cheer you up even if you had other people doing that already" 

"Well yeah I was with Roman last night at a bar. I figured that it would help me with the pain and it did because I woke up hungover" he chuckled. 

"I figured you would probably to something like that" he shrugged. 

"It didn't bother me. I had a great time and that is all that matters"

"You got that right" I said. 

"So what are you gonna do with Bray after what had happened on Smackdown?" I asked him. I'm gonna admit I was kinda scared for asking him this question and I was scared of what his reaction was gonna be but his face expression didn't turn change. Well besides the fact that his eyes turned dark and that was it.

"He is gonna have to pay for that. What he said had completely crossed the line. No one shouldn't have brought up my past. Barely anyone knows about my past and I am curious as to why he had figured it out but I am not gonna let it get to me but he is gonna get revenge."

"Well I am gonna have to give you good luck" I said getting off the bed. 

"Thank You! You leaving already?" he asked.