Chapter 78

*Ted's P.O.V*

Who does he think he is? Messing with the big bucks. That lunatic. I was able to clean up when we had that damn fight on the street. My dad was wondering what the hell was going on and I had to tell him but of course he has other ways to make it all my fault.

"Son, don't be hard on yourself. This could have happened even if you didn't cause any harm" he explained.

"That's the point. I didn't cause any harm. I was being nice" I said.

"Being nice for what? Grabbing the girls attention even though you know that she has a boyfriend and you have a wife" he raised his eyebrow.

"Two years dad. Two damn years" I hissed.

"Don't give me that attitude. You should have known what you were getting yourself into"

"All I was trying to do was be a good friend. I didn't even know that it was gonna happen. I am sorry that I am not impressing you like I should be. I am not like you counting money everyday" I said starting to get a bit irritated. 

"You just need to stay away from them. You probably caused too much trouble just going back"

"Why are you giving me this kind of advice? Your the million dollar man, and I would have thought I would get something a bit better" 

"I am giving you advice that you should really follow. Don't get involved" he said. I hate having these kind of conversations with my father. It always ends up bad in the end.

"I swear this is ridiculous. I have the right to do whatever I want" I said speaking the truth.

"Yes but that kind of right can end up with you getting punched in the face" I slowly looked over at him.

"I wasn't just punched in the face. My face was slammed into a brick wall" I explained remembering what had happened between the two of us.

"Just spend time with your family for now. You don't need to be wasting your time going after Brooklyn. She is off the market. She is happy and you should just be happy for her" he said leaning back into his chair. 

I slammed the first thing that was near me on the floor, which happened to be something that my dad cherished the most. But who am I to care?

"Ted-" he started but I cut him off.

"No dad just listen. It's the same thing all the time. I tell you when something happens or someone just suddenly makes a connection with you and you accept right away. You never look out for me. You always want to see a look on my face that you can just laugh at after it happens. What happened to us? What happened?" I yelled.

"Nothing had happened Ted. You just drifted apart"

"No I haven't. I still want to be in the same room as you but it's like you don't. I miss my dad. Whenever we have a talk like this it always ends in an argument. It gets bad and I don't want that. I need my old man back" I said.

"You never lost me but you need to listen to me when I say that you need to stop stalking Brooklyn. Just be happy for her. She would want that from you" he said putting his hands on my shoulders.

"I am always happy for her but here's the problem. It's her boyfriend."

"I know you don't like her boyfriend but you just have to deal with it" he said going back to sit back down but I turned him around so that he was looking at me.

"No I am not just gonna deal with it. He beaten me on the street yesterday because I was treating his girlfriend and her friends. That isn't bad. But you tell me" I asked him.