Chapter 99

*Dean's P.O.V*

It's now or never. I'm backstage of the arena after that little segment and I'm on my way to Brooklyn's locker room. Let's see what she has to say. I went down a hallway and I was in front of her locker. I took a deep breath and then knocked softly on the door.

A couple of seconds passed and then the door was opened. There she was in her street clothes.

"You said you wanted to talk?" I asked and she nodded and let me in.

I saw her sat down on the couch that was inside and I just stood up still because I know that I won't be in here long.

"I want you to tell me your side of the story" she said.

I had to rethink this. I wanted to be careful with my words so that she doesn't hate me anymore or any less. Okay I don't know if that sounded stupid in my head but whatever.

"It was breaking my heart. Seeing you in pain had broke my heart. I wanted to fix you but I didn't know how. Seeing you in the hospital bed had made me feel vulnerable. I let the negatives get in the way. I made the mistake of going to a bar and then somehow Paige was there as well. We started talking and just did what people did at the bar. We probably danced and grind on each other but it was a blur. I couldn't remember and neither could she. She forgot about it the morning she found out. She kept reminding me about it and it hasn't left my mind and then now you know. I forgot to tell you"

I really didn't know if that was okay or not?

"You were something to me and you still are but its hard to think that you did something like that to me" she said looking at the ground. I nodded but I'm pretty sure that she didn't see it.

"I'm guessing you feel like this when you have your first love right? You were my first love. I couldn't have asked for a better person to be my first love. You made me feel something. You made me feel special." She said. I heard her voice cracking.

"Just something about you had made me feel like this and I wouldn't want it any other way" she said looking at me with a soft smile playing on her lips.

"If I could be anymore honest you were my first love as well. I could say the same when you said that you couldn't have asked for a better love" I said walking closer to her.

"But then there is always a consequence"

"You had broke me. When I found out I didn't want to believe Ted. I thought he was lying. I thought it was one of his ways to break us up but either way it worked right?" She asked.

I didn't say anything. This was breaking her.

"I wanted to climb into a hole hearing that. But I didn't. I wanted to hear what you had to say and see where we will go"

This girl is something. But I had took advantage of her.

"I have been doing a little thinking. Maybe we could just stay as friends. I still want you in my life and just because we are not together it doesn't mean that I don't want to be away from you. I need to be near you. Your still something to me"

Her words were strong. She was serious. She needed me and I needed her. It may not be the way I wanted it to but it's a start for now. I could live with that.

"I rather have you in my life and be friends than be away from you and not be anything at all" I said with a look of hurt in my eyes. Yes, I was hurt but I had to deal with the fact that we are friends for now.

"That's really sweet" she said. It really looked like she wanted to cry now. I didn't want her to cry.

"Hey your going to be okay. If you need a shoulder to cry on then here have my shoulder" I said and wrapped my arms around her.