Book Four: yes

Lavender's viewpoint

   Ghost, I felt like I was being ghosted. It had been three months since Rominic reappeared in my life, three months of me living in a hospital. The first month, we stayed back at Vegas, mostly me because he left and only returned when it was time to move him to Chicago. He was keeping to his promise of not taking them away from me or getting close to them until we discuss things. He didn't say a word to me, not even a greeting during the months.

   I knew I was the one who asked him, but it sucked how easily he didn't say a word. I wanted him to provoke me so I could have more reasons to pour out my anger and hatred on him, but he didn't give me a reason to. He avoided anything that would provoke me and avoided every statement I made that was bound to cause an argument.

How do you kill someone you hate that won't give you a reason to?

   The kids on the other hand had gotten close to him, not Sera and Zachary, those two didn't say a word to him either. But the moment Zyaire woke up, he fell in love with his father and all three of my children have been glued to the man. They had no idea what he did and it pained me that Sera and Zach knew. They were just kids, they shouldn't harbor such hatred in their hearts like I did. I got to learn the last three months that it wasn't right.

   Today, there were discharging my children. Serenity was the first to get cleared after almost two months, but I refused to go live in his house, so the hospital was as good as a home for us. The children didn't like the idea, but I convinced them that they should wait for Zyaire so they'll see their father's house together. Serenity and Zayne agreed.

I had no more excuse.

   "Remember, miss, make sure he gets daily exercise, to strengthen his legs and spine," the doctor continued to list the things I should make sure of, "don't let Zayne do too much walking for now, but he can start practicing how to walk and run long distance after he finishes the set of drugs I gave you. Once that set is finish, remember to bring him back here to get tested so I'd see if he's fit to begin running again. If he complains of any intense or sharp pain in his back, give him this and apply this one on his back. Remember his weekly massage..."

   "George, I've heard," I chuckled. The doctor had grown a personal liking to the children, especially Zayne. "I'll do everything, in fact, bring him for checkup every two weeks..."

   "Even if you don't bring him here, I'll bring myself there," he said jokingly, but I knew he meant it. "Zayne is going to start school, right?"

   "I guess so,"

   "Make sure he doesn't get into any hectic activity," he instructed Sera and Zach. They nodded. "Keep his diet light for now, so his weight wouldn't make his movement more difficult..."

   "Yes, I know, Dr. George, you have chanted that to me since I got here..."

   "Ooh! Mara told me to tell you to remember the play date, the girls would be sad if they don't see their friends again," his two daughters and his wife. His youngest daughter was the same age with the quad, only two months younger and the eldest only a year older. They met when his wife paid him a surprise visit. The girls and the quad immediately clicked... Well, excluding the older two of my children.

   "I'm sure they would meet at their new school, I'll make sure of that,"

   "Better, so my girls can keep an eye on them," he said while playing with Serene's hand. "Serenity, remember to always eat your vegetables, always carry the masks in your bag, just in case of a foul smell or polluted air or any sudden episodes..."