Chapter Twenty-nine: the princess and the bitch

Lavender's viewpoint

   Two fantastic weeks of planning a gala, two fantastic weeks of organizing with the kids. Sera and Zach were really excited about their new job so they spent all their time researching and adding their ideas together to make the best party arrangement. My job was to go through their list of ideas and pick the ones mature and elegant enough, and add a little touch to it. By the time we were done, I must say we were really proud.

   We made it a winter concept, ice to be more precise. With the color of the room going from icy blue to white, the beautiful ice sculptures and solid icy tables, silver utensils and the genius that did the frozen vines decoration, it was great to us. We were able to make the floor and walls look like icy blue glass, even if it wasn't. The vines were frozen, snow white vines with beautiful himalayan blue poppy attached to it. Small glass trinkets jingled melodiously from the ceiling, also acting as white lights because they were. One of Rominic's company new light creation that we were advertising. They looked more like thin crystal glass-like vines dangling down from the ceiling, luminating bright white light and making music as the wind push them together. Then at each corner of the room, very tall delphinium flowers lined the walls. There was so much details it would take me forever to describe the kind of work we did and I gladly paid the workers ridiculous amounts because they really tried.

   We round up a day before the gala so the kids and I took our time to sleep all day, thereby forgetting to get our outfits. By the time I woke up at 3pm, I was panicking. I forgot to buy clothes for myself and the kids. The dress theme of the ball was any kind of blue for the ladies and white for the men. But for the whole of Verlice family, the ladies were to wear white while the men wears silver, to easily identify the family members. The problem is that I didn't have any white dress in my closet glamorous enough for the occasion. I don't like white, so I never really paid attention to buying one. The kids didn't either, in case you have forgotten, Zachary only wears dark colors, Sera don't like white because it makes her too angelic, Serene did not have a white dress, neither do the rest.

We were officially stuck.

   "Mi corazón, where are you!" Tyra's loud voice echoed in the hallway. "My darling, where are you?" I was baffled on what she would be doing at the house. She ought to be getting ready with Link since they moved in together. Yeah, they are that fast. They were already thinking about just getting married and making it official and we never uttered a word of protest. Link and Tyra were part of those couples that just clicks and you know their love is going to last for a long time. Beside, Link would never give his beautiful mini him up and Tyra would never let her daughter have a stepmother. They understand themselves.

   I looked over at Rylee who had been sitting down quietly and watching us panic. She was glad because it meant she had an excuse to not wear a dress. She was currently sitting on Zachary's bed, typing on her phone and wearing my boyfriend's shirt. She is never satisfied with just Phineas. Speaking of which, they finally made themselves official even if they always have been, and since Phineas told his parents about her pregnancy, his mother literally never spend a day without calling to tell her about this pregnancy tip and that and have been begging her to move in with them, so she can take better care of her grandchild. Rylee might be changing, but she is not ready for the mother inlaw phase.

   "Rylee, did you..."

   "Nope," she interjected with a pop. Tyra walked into the open room and breathe a sigh of relief. "There you all are! I've been looking for you since forever!"

   "Good afternoon, Aunt Tyra," the children greeted simultaneously, "where's Raisa?"

   "With her grandparents, they took her for the weekend," we nodded, "do you know that Link bailed on me? He suddenly has a ‘serious’ meeting to attend," Tyra said, making air quotation. I was more focus on the ladies walking into the room and dropping shopping bags and makeup kits. "He's a chicken, just trying to avoid meeting my dad at the party. Why would he be so scared?" She huffed.