Book Twenty-seven: exciting return

Lavender's viewpoint

   I lazily sat on the seat, staring at the television with hope of seeing anything exciting but so far, I'd seen nothing. Rominic and I were finally returning home after almost two weeks. We got news that Rylee was destroying the gala preparation. Apparently, somebody changed the theme to a Halloween death trap and no one could stop her, not even Phineas. I decided we had enough vacation, time to get back to work and take care of our lives. Although he was still in his sex crave mode, he was better than he was when we first started.

   He kept me in bed all day, never letting me step out of it except to eat, sleep or use the bathroom, and I walked around completely naked. I'd lost the number of time he randomly pushed me to this wall or table, threw me in here or there and made me go through a whole lot of position he has missed. I lost the count of the packs of condoms he used and it got to the stage we just stopped using. Now I was praying the pills actually work or pregnancy is waiting for me. There was no way I wouldn't get pregnant if the pills don't work.

   Part of my exhaustion was because of the fact that I'd spent over two hours in bed with him, before he finally slept off. I couldn't sleep, my legs were killing me so I ended up sitting and waiting for the jet to land so I could see a doctor and get some painkillers and pills I would be confident in. I didn't really blame him for exhausting me. I wasn't complaining, just tired and needed a break, one I knew I wouldn't be getting anytime soon.

   "Lame," I changed the channel with a puff. I kept flipping through channels until I came across a news talking about Rominic's upcoming gala, the gala they had no idea Rylee was destroying. They had given the gala such high review, making the expectation very high so if anyone should walk in and see what Rylee did, it would be a problem. It wasn't just a gala, it was the company's anniversary so it was a very big deal. I seriously need to get back there.

   I sighed heavily and palmed my face. The woman started talking about the possibility of the press getting a photo of my kids since they might be there, another reason for paparazzi to swamp the place and business associates to sweep in to see their future adversaries or for whatever reason they would want to see them. Unfortunately for them, my kids were going nowhere. I still wanted to make sure they were safe, at least for now. Rominic didn't agree with that and insist that at least, Zachary and Serafina tags along as future successors. The other three were obviously not into business, the two oldest were. We were going to argue about that later and I knew I would lose because Zachary and Serafina would really want to go, along with the others.

   Then there's me. I would be there too and there was no way I was going to go after or before him, Rominic wouldn't let me. He wanted to show me off. I didn't want to. I was still insecure due to how we ended things in the past. Once I'm seen with him, one reporter would figure it out and everything would blow up at my face. I don't want it, at least not yet, or ever.

   "Please put on your seatbelt, the plane is preparing to land."

~~~

   The car drove into the compound, home sweet home. The house was blasting with music, Rylee's doing. I left Rominic in the car and ran inside to meet my kids, I missed them. When I ran into the living room, Rylee stood on the table slamming her guitar strings as she bobbed her head up and down. As usual, she was dressed like the goddess of doom and destruction, heavy spiky boots threatening to break the expensive glass and already scraping it. I wouldn't have cared much if Serenity wasn't doing the same thing. Serenity wore a black leather skirt, a short one matching her black crazy leather jacket and lace up top. Her hair was black now, along with the stupid black makeup on her face and the boots I'm sure she can't walk well in. She was also playing her little guitar, bobbing her head.