Book Twelve: swelling in pride

Lavender's viewpoint

   The greatest thing about acceptance is that the moment you accept it that it is like so, it is your past and all, you feel better and the healing magic begins. At least, that's how it was for me. I woke up with the most nasty headache I'd ever experience since... Well, I can't remember, that's how long. The pain might have been severe, but the lightness and peace in my heart made it felt like nothing. And sure, I ended up in a hospital because Rominic panicked, but it was good.

   A whole week since I admitted I needed help after hearing what Serenity had in her heart. I don't know why but when I woke up with him not beside me, I couldn't sleep and then went looking for him, only to overhear his conversation with my daughter. It shattered every little thing I had left in my head. I went back to my room and cried as I asked myself questions and gave answers that shocked me. I had no idea I was that emotionally and mentally messed up, but I would fix it, for them. My children must not go through what I went through and what I'm going through. They cannot be traumatize in any way, especially because of me. I can't let their lives be miserable when the only thing my mother gave me when she was alive is happiness. I can't be a bad mother and the only way to fix my condition was accepting and finding solution.

   Rominic got me a session with a therapist and talking to her really made me realize a whole lot of thing. She completely understood me because –according to her– she went through a similar situation, though mine was worse. Recovering was proving faster, especially when I knew I had a great reason to be. Not for him, but for them.

   "For goodness sake, Laverne, I'm going to miss my own meeting at this rate! Can't you brush your hair faster!" I rolled my eyes at him and he saw it through the mirror. I still hate him, not changing that, but the hatred wasn't as strong as before. I was still going to make him pay, once I can figure out how to.

   "Beauty takes time," he frowned even deeper. Rominic stood behind me in a suit. Since he would be attending an important meeting, he had to wear the gray suit and that was the main reason for his annoyance. And the fact that I wasn't talking to him except if necessary.

   "Since when do you care about how you look like?"

   "Since my ex boyfriend came back into my life," the face he made next almost made me laugh, almost. I was really starting to reconsider Phineas' "make him jealous" plan, it seemed to have more effect. He really hate Ferris.

   "You are not going on a date but to your place of work, why then do you need to butter your face?" Note, that was not a question at all. I pointed my brush at him through the mirror with a stern face.

   "You, out. Imagine I don't live with you, will you tell me what to wear and what not to? Rominic, leave me alone and go to work, I'll take a cab or drive any of the cars you never use."

   "You drove my car yesterday and now it has an unreasonable symbol on it," he said, giving me a glare that clearly said "I know you did it." What did I do? I took his favourite car out and used a nail to dash it a pretty dick. Then I wrote under the drawing, "King of Dickheads". Brilliant.

   "So, you are really going on a date with your ex?" I decided it was time to give him the cold shoulder again. We've spoken too much. "Laverne, answer me." I started humming while rolling my hair into a bun. He got the message, scoffed and stomped out, cursing under his breath. Asshole.

   I took the pleasure of making my face beautiful before I was ready for breakfast. Then I found out he left without me and placed a note of warning on the refrigerator.