Chapter Forty-one: fishing

Lavender's viewpoint

   Once upon a time, I was a fool, once upon a time, I let my mind turn me into a puppet. So many mistakes I made, so many times I made people around me hurt and cry; so many times I stabbed them in the back, but not anymore. I almost made another mistake, bringing in death into my own home because of my kindness, but thank goodness I followed my instinct.

   My suspicion grew the very moment I caught her glaring at me but quickly covered it up. I could not let the uneasy feeling go, so I kept an eye on her and asked Zimò to give me the number of the guy monitoring Peyton for me. While the person was investigating Peyton, I kept an eye on Roxy, but still didn't notice a thing since Zachary and Sera had no complains about her. I let my mind convince me that they would know, forgetting they can't know it all as children. Finally, when Lilith came for the wedding, the moment she laid eyes on Roxy, she knew Roxy was up to no good. Lilith has always had the ability to detect malicious intent and vibe from people, and knew when someone was pure in heart. It was one of the reasons she made me her best friend, because according to her, she has never felt so at peace and calm with anyone but me. So when she saw Roxy, she knew without a doubt that she came back deleterious intention.

   I didn't wait for a second to pay attention to what she was doing. I thought it was me she was after until I saw the scones given to my children. I remembered then that Zayne was always eating a particular muffin, scones and bagels made by Roxy. Thankfully, Lilith and Jiayi were around so they helped me examine one after I took it from where Zach dumped his. Jiayi helped me locate the guy paid to monitor Peyton and after a little punch, he admitted that Peyton met up with Roxy but it was only once so he didn't think it mattered, and he didn't know Roxy was related to me in anyways.

   He was a crappy worker, terrible with his job because if he really was dedicated to his work, he would monitor her phonecalls, messages and chats and everyone who visits her, just to be sure. Because of his stupid investigation, I almost made a mistake. What if Lilith didn't come on time? What if I didn't notice on time? What if I lost my kids?

   The plan was simple, we were going to deal with Peyton once and for all. I didn't care what means, as long as I get rid of her. She tried to harm my kids. Nobody, no freaking body can ever dare lay a finger on my kids and get away with it. I would fucking deal with her and show her what it means to be friends with Lilith. But Lilith told me to handle it legally, for the sake of my after conscience, so that was what I planned to do.

   Brushing my fingers into my hair, I smiled at my reflection in the mirror, my head tilt to the side. Rominic sat on our bed, bottom lip in his mouth and forehead furrowed in concentration, eyes fixed on his laptop. His fingers were keying the buttons rapidly, but I knew he was typing nonsense.

   "Argh!" He shouted in anger, pulling at his hair in frustration. "Why can't I fucking think of anything!" He cried. I turned, looking at him with a smile. "Laverne, help me!" He looked at me and pouted.

   "Maybe you should calm down and take a break," I suggested, "maybe play with the kids or do your geek communication with your precious Zachary, I'm sure you'll be able to think of something after that. I don't really have ideas right now, except if you want to work on a new kitchen appliances." He rolled his eyes and went back to staring and murmuring. I stood up from the chair, smoothen my hair and walked over to the bed to get my bag. Rominic decided to stay at home for the day, which is a good idea. The seven days was over, it was time for the plan.

   I pressed my hands on the bed, leaning closer to him still smiling. I used my hand to close his laptop and push it aside. "Please, don't stress yourself. Today is your off, you promised to take it easy today, no working. You are suppose to play with the kids, remember?" He opened his mouth to protest, but I cut him off with my lips. He muffled out his complain, not really kissing me back at first and when he was about to, I pulled away because I knew he would drag me into the bed and mess up my hair and lipstick.