Book Thirty-seven: love is enough

Lavender's viewpoint

   I walked into the ice rink, looking around for my friends. There was not much people here, just a few. Three guys were trying to teach-probably-girlfriends how to skate, two guys were on their own having fun and laughing while five girls sat at a bench, giggling and being fan girls. There were two older couples, one with their kids and a single lady playing in the fake heap of snow. It wasn't difficult to find them. The loud idiots were part of the men the fan girls were giggling about.

   Maverick and Link were fake wrestling in the snow, don't know if that is allowed here but since no one is complaining, I guess. Maverick sat on Link, pinning him down with a hammerlock but Link was fighting back. Somehow, he bent his legs backwards and had Maverick's head locked between his thick calves and yanking his head back. Gael had Waylon's head in a headlock, pinning him down to the ground as Waylon thrashed and hurled curses towards his imprisoner. As usual, Elias was standing with his gloved thumbs in his front pockets, staring down at them blankly, wondering how he became their friend in the first place. Ferris and Cameron were arguing over something and Cameron was being extraordinarily sissy to provoke Ferris even more.

Boy did I come at the right time.

   Making my way towards them, I hardened my face to look more strident and when I got to them, I snapped my fingers loudly and furiously. Maverick and Link both cursed before freeing each other and scrambling to their feet while Cameron intentionally shoved a cloth into Ferris' mouth and flee behind Elias. As usual, Gael was the only fool who didn't stop.

   "Gael, get off Waylon this instant," I said stridently. He froze, realizing he has been caught. We made a rules... Actually, they did and the rules was forced on me. I'm the mother of seven boys and when I give an order, all must follow and who doesn't get to pay me a thousand dollars for three weeks. I really don't know what pushed them into making that rules, but I wasn't complaining because it was for my benefit. I was the enforcer of the rules. For example, no fighting in the presence of the enforcer, whether play or real. Once I snap my fingers, the fighters have thirty seconds to separate or pay a fine of one thousand dollars to each member of our "sacred cult" and two for me. Don't look at me, they made the rules, not me.

   "Oh, hi, momma. Looking good," he purred. I stared at him unimpressedly, "right, I'm being fined, aren't I?"

   "What do you think?" He pouted as Maverick tugged him off panting Waylon. My poor boy. Himself and Cameron are soft and can never hurt a fly. "I know you started it, Gael, so you are paying for both yourself and Waylon."

   "But we were playing! I was showing him how to kick ass!" Gael shouted defensively.

   "Well, congrats, you just kick your money into our bank accounts," Cameron said with a laugh and Elias joined him. Gael shrugged indifferently.

   "What's a couple of thousands, I'm a rich boy," he flexed his collars proudly. Elias, my devious genius smirked as he saw the smirk on my face. Great minds think alike and we both have great minds.

   "Guess who's the new dart board on game nights?" We both said excitedly. "Give it up for the one and only, Gael Bottomson!"

   "You've got to be kidding me!" We all laughed as his face turned red in disbelief. Whatever I say goes. I sat down and let Elias do what he does by habit, help me wear my fur jacket and then weigh between the bunny boots or figure skate he brought for me. He's always carrying my skates so I knew he recently bought it. After deciding to wear me the figure skate which I ought to wear in the first place, he then went on to hum as he decides on what color I would wear. Why buy more than one and have to decide? The thing is that he used to do it for his sister before she died. So he tends to do it to both Ginger, me and now the guys' daughters.