Book Fifteen: reunion (1)

Lavender's viewpoint

   I moved in the kitchen like what you'll call a gazelle. I was trying to get things in order. It was finally Sunday. The others would be arriving soon and I was yet to finish the cooking. Chef returned with his totally awesome daughter. My kids loved her already. From how she was dressed, I knew she must have spent a lot of times watching Rominic's twin, or maybe it's just her. The point is that she's cool and the kids loved her. Well, except Zachary but you know how that one is.

   Chef Russo got a sudden cold in the morning, leaving me to battle with the meal myself. Thankfully, his daughter knew how to cook and assisted me with the two maids Rominic had to call to come assist me. I didn't thank him but I knew he knew I was grateful. If he doesn't know, his problem.

   "Mom! I think your friends are here!" Zyaire shouted. I gasped, grabbed a towel and wiped my hands.

   "Roxy..."

   "I've got it," she said with a dismissive wave. I nodded, thanked her and ran outside. Well, I took off the apron of course, wouldn't want it to ruin my outfit. I was wearing a simple strappy blue dress with white belt and a French cut going all the way up to my upper hips. I didn't want to overdo it so I left jewelry and heels out, just had a pair of mini wedged gladiator sandals. I like it that way.

   I took off my coat, threw it to the butler and ran my hands over the smooth fabric of the dress. Serenity was doing her door thing again. "Baby, step out, those bulldogs are going to burst in here in ten seconds." I said as I ushered her back. I knew the boys too well. The waiting behind the door thing won't end well. In ten seconds as predicted, the door flew open with the expected person standing there with a feverish grin, like he would rocket off anytime soon.

   "Bitch! You really are alive!"

   "Get out of my way!" Cameron shouted, bulldozing Gael out of the way and running over to me with Waylon. In a matter of seconds, I was crushed between them as I laughed wholeheartedly. I knew I missed them but I didn't know I missed them that much. Tears rolled out like no man's business; tears of joy and peace.

   "I've missed you, baby, I've missed you so much," Cameron sobbed. I knew he would cry, both him, Waylon and Ferris were the soft ones. Gael would too but with a little bit of drama.

   "You have hugged her enough, it's my turn! My turn!" I heard Elias shout impatiently. I could also hear Maverick saying something about them taking all my me time. I laughed knowing what would happen next and it did. I spent the two minutes begin passed around and having my bones crushed. Ferris hadn't come in yet, obviously trying to make Annalise promise to behave herself.

   Gael was the last to hold me and when I said dramatic, I mean dramatic. He first played out a Shakespeare scene before pulling me into his embrace and trying to kiss me, to which earned him simultaneous smacks from the guys. Except Link who punched him of course.

   "Where's she?! Where's she?! Where's my right tit! The lips of my pussy! The hormone that makes me horny!"

Ah, the moment has come.

   "Anna, you promised me you would behave!" I heard Ferris shout but it fell on deaf ears. I stepped away from the boys and prepared myself by closing my eyes. The hit echoed in the living room, followed by my close eyes seeing dots before I staggered back. My cheeks stung from the slaps she gave me, but I knew I deserved it.

   "Anna!" They all shouted.

   "How could you! How could you die and not tell me! Then you undied and still didn't tell me! I thought we were nipples of our mother's breasts! I thought we shared the same vagina..." I'm not sure undied is a word but I opened my teary eyes and smiled. I watched her ramble on before she broke into tears and pulled me into the tightest hug so far. We cried in each other's embrace with her apologizing for things I didn't pay attention to as I was looking at the other two females impatiently waiting for their own hugs.