Book ten: remission and revelation

Lavender's viewpoint

   Save his ass, that's what I intended to do. It's not like I care about who wants to jump him, I just have to consider my children. Another woman in his life is a threat to their happiness and future. They just started loving him and then his attention shifts to another woman? No way, not happening. My children should come first, they deserve his first class love and attention since he was useless all these years. Now he finally wants to be useful some bitch would come out of nowhere and try to claim him? Not on my watch.

Or you can just say you don't want another woman's hands on him because he's yours.

Dear subconscious, don't you have better things to do with your life?

Telling you the truth is what I choose to do with it.

Shut up. I don't want him, I don't care. I just don't want another woman around him so he won't fall in love, marry her and push my kids away. I won't let any evil woman live with my kids!

And you don't want to make things easier by marrying him? That's selfishness.

   I inhaled and exhaled to ignore her and pay attention to what Lucky was saying. Lucky is actually nice and funny while I managed Matt to get him to support me for the deal. I really like Lucky though.

Ah, I'm tired, I need to sleep.

   "It was nice to meet you both, sincerely," I said more to Lucky than Matt. Don't really care about meeting him, but he doesn't need to know that.

   "Will it be a bad time to invite you to my birthday?" Lucky quirked one brow at me and wiggled his ears. I giggled, reminded me of... No, I won't think about him.

   "Lucky, your birthday was last week," Rominic said coldly and if I didn't know any better, I would say jealousy. But why would he be jealous? He doesn't care two shits about me.

   Lucky brought his finger to his lips and shushed him. He then used that same finger to point at me. I chuckled. "If you wanted a date, you should have just asked."

   Lucky simulated a scared shiver and hugged himself. "So he can use my intestines to strangle me, no, thank you," it really looked like he was scared but I knew he was kidding. "But we can meet again, right? I think my girlfriend will love you."

Girlfriend or you? Please, boys, not every girl is stupid. I use to be but not anymore. Well then, let's play along, shall we!

   "Really? Is she pretty?" I gasped sarcastically, but with the way he nodded with a wide smile and excitement, he didn't get the sarcasm.

   "Quite and she's Italian. Is Giovanna a cool name or what?"

Could it be...

   "Giovanna: black hair, light hazel with green flecks, honey skin and a smile that makes you think of apples for some reason?" I asked with my head tilt to the side. It would be too much of a coincidence if it is. Meeting her and then him, what else does that scream for me other than cupid? It's been a while I played the naked archer baby. I love Lucky, such a cool guy. Before I could say Jack Robinson, he came over to my side, pushing the dick out of his seat and onto the floor, and took over. He grabbed my shoulders and started shaking me vigorously and excitedly

   "You know her! You know her!"

   "Dude, calm down before you make me puke and yes, I know her. She's not your girlfriend, is she?" I hadn't spoken with Giovanna much, but I easily deduced that she didn't have a boyfriend and even if she did, it wasn't Lucky. He stopped shaking me and pouted sadly.