Book Twenty-one: depth of truth - let it go

Lavender's viewpoint

   I stood there with my hands on my hips as I watched my suppose date shamelessly flirting with the waitress. He hadn't seen me but I had seen him and the goat had been flirting with that waitress since I got there seven minutes ago. She was so close to ripping the fabric off her body and humping him right now and there.

Women.

   Having enough of it already, I sashayed over to the table, stepping out of the shadow I had been hiding. My eyes were fixed on the man that was suppose to be my date, the man I was drooling over only a day ago. Seeing him now, every thought of being with him that still lingered completely vanished. Who would want to be with a man like that? Certainly not me.

   I maneuvered so I could come up behind him. When I was standing close enough, I swung my bag and smacked him hard on the back of his head. One thing Rominic is and Apollo is not, a touch man. Apollo is a cry baby; Mama's little lamb. He screamed with a little whine and stood up to his feet, turning around to face who hit him.

   "Hey!" He shouted with annoyance, but the moment his gaze fell on me, he swept it along my body and smiled seductively, "hey," he purred. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

   "Quit the act, Apollo, you still haven't changed. You can't even sit for ten minutes and wait for your girlfriend, you instantly start flirting and expect me to be okay with it? Apollo, are you insane!"

   "I don't..." I glared coldly at him, hoping his foolish brain would think fast but idiots are always idiots. Though he didn't say it out, he zoned out as he counted his fingers while listing the women he sleeps with, one that would look like me. I palmed my face and swiped it down with frustration

Nuh uh, not going to work.

   "While you are trying to remember my name, try making a mental schedule to see a doctor for brain surgery because you fucking need it. I'm out of here, enjoy the rest of your night, Asspollo!" I shouted carefreely, already walking out on him. I knew his dead brain would be able to recognize that name. If no one else has adapted that nickname already, he would definitely recognize...

   "Oh my goodness! Sugar Plum!" I heard him shout from inside, so loud it echoed in the semi hushed restaurant. I was already out of the building. I quickened my steps a little so I'd be close to my car in case he decides to do one of his legendary ancient dance of the gods.

   Remember when I mentioned him being a lunatic? This was one of the many reasons. Apollo had invented an incredible way to embarrass himself–not that he cares–and scare or creep the life out of his unfortunate victim. He had a dance for every occasion, every moment, every emotions. It was the most terrifyingly awkward thing I have ever seen. He wasn't insane, just damn right stupid. I didn't want to have to deal with any dance he would have, no matter what the dance is. Probably something to welcome me from the dead and I knew that would be more scary. What was I thinking agreeing to playing such a game with Apollo of all men! What the absolute hell was I thinking!

His abs... My subconscious whispered. And she was right. I was so blinded by his looks that I forgot his personality wasn't worth it.

   "Sugar Plum, wait up!"

I can still make it, just few more steps to go!

   "Plumy!" I angrily turned around and pointed at him, something I usually did whenever he called me that. But then I realized what he did. He knew I would turn around, thereby giving him enough time to catch up with me. Okay, he's still as cunning as ever. "Plum," I sighed as he threw his arms around me, not fighting him because I didn't want to waste my strength fighting him and still end up failing. He might be a cry baby but he had strength and he didn't let me win like Rominic always did. "My purple plum, I've missed you, really. Do you know how sick your death made me? With you dead, Nicky Bear became too boring to annoy. What did I ever do to earn such boring life, my purple plum? Why!"