Book Eighteen: their mother

So this chapter is a little bit dramatic, cliche and worth a nice cringe, at least to me if is. Just in case it is. Anyways, leave a vote.

Lavender's viewpoint

   Early Wednesday morning, almost three days since I kissed Rominic and have been doing things for the plan. I had work to do and Giovanna and I were going shopping after work. I needed new clothes for the plan and I still wanted to play cupid for her and Lucky. I was putting my stuff in my bag when the kids trampled into the room.

   "Good morning, mom!" They chorused. I paused and looked at them puzzledly, the smile on their faces were huge. Note that Sera and Zach were not present.

   "Okay?" Serene ran over to the bed and plump down on it while Zayne went straight to the TV remote. Zyaire remained at the door, scoring his father's signature "lean on he doorframe" look. Sometimes, I forget how much he looks like his father, along with the rest of them.

   "Mommy, remember that time I told you I want to join the swim team?" I nodded. "I went for tryout and the coach was very impress with my swimming. However, before I can join, she said my parents must sign the permission slip, you know, to confirm that you are aware of my intentions." I nodded with a wider smile.

   "Okay, when do you need me?"

   "Today,"

   "Why didn't you tell me yesterday? I would have prepared myself. Your father and I have an important meeting to attend and..."

   "She went to sleep early, mom, and we forgot. Plus, there is nothing more important than us, right, mom?" Zyaire asked with a adorable tilt of his head. I furrowed my brows at him.

   "Did she specifically say today?" They all nodded. "Just go and tell her that I'll be there tomorrow..."

   "There for what?" Rominic asked as he walked out of the bathroom with his towel in his hand. He was dressed, almost. All that was left was the suit jacket I know he wouldn't wear.

   "Daddy!" Serenity jumped down from the bed and ran towards Rominic. He was wearing an all white outfit. Even his shoes were white. He stepped back a little and grabbed Serene before she hugged his legs and possibly leave a stain. I chuckled as he lifted her up like she has ordure on her. Serene whined and kicked her legs. "Daddy, you are suppose to hug me, not hold me up like this. I demand you hug me this instant!"

   "Yes, Your Majesty," he chuckled and pulled her to his chest. Serenity giggled, wrapping her hands around his neck. "How did my angel sleep?"

   "Perfect! Daddy, I made it into the swim team but now I need my parents approval. Mommy won't go with us," she turned and shot me a accusing look.

   "I said I would go, but not today. Tommorow is fine by me."

   "But the teacher said today, today, today, today! Daddy, do something!" Serenity said pettishly.

   "Calm down, don't kvetch. Laverne, just go with them, I'll go to the meeting on my o..."

   "No!" They all shouted simultaneously. Their shout made me flinch.

   "The coach said parents, and do you know what parents mean?" Zyaire asked with a snooty tone, "parents are two people who birth a child or children. Parents consist of a mom and a dad, not just a mom." I rolled my eyes.

   "Fine, Nic, go..."

   "Mom, don't you get the mom and dad part?" Zayne asked with a frown I never knew he could form. I was confuse by the frown on his face.