Book Thirty-five: forgive me not? Okay, on to the next hunk!

Lavender's viewpoint

   I sat down between Zyaire and Sera, Zayne sitting on my thighs and stuffing his face with food. Serenity sat next to Sera with Zach on her other side. Next to Zach was Rominic, sitting right in front of me and pretending I didn't exist. So my heart isn't shattering at all.

   We went out as planned, found a nice karaoke bar to spend the evening. I hoped Rominic would sit next to me, but he intentionally ignored me. The only good thing about the place was the songs. Karaoke is the best place to go to enjoy bad music. It's like watching an audition. You get to see different kind of singing and bad voices, most of the time, bad.

   Serenity was patiently waiting for her turn with not excited Zachary. Zachary insisted on sleeping instead of being in the midst of unintelligent people that smells like wet mush, misfortune and the final recipe for eardrums destruction. His words not mine.

   I rolled my eyes away from the woman singing on stage and looked at Rominic. His eyes was fixed on Zachary trying to peel the wrapper off his chocolate bar. I don't know why it's so difficult for him to peel the simple thing off, but Zach has always have an issue with chocolate wrappers. It was amusing to watch, really amusing, but not to me at the moment. I watched him shake his head before offering to help him. Zach gladly shoved the bar into his waiting palm. Rominic effortlessly peeled the wrapper off, took a bite from it and handed it back to Zach. Sera snorted when he sniffed it before taking a bite.

   I looked at Rominic, he was smiling and looking at his duplicate with love and affection. He wasn't looking at me like that. I huffed and looked away, biting down on my bottom lip. Am I jealous of my son? No, just jealous of no love. What are we even doing? Is there any need for us to date? Rominic and I have been through a lot and after everything, we did not deserve to be boyfriend and girlfriend, but actual married couple. Phineas and Rylee were already beginning their wedding preparations, same as Tyra and Link, so why can't we get married too?

   Yeah, I should probably talk about Link. As expected, Polly was the killer, not him. It was very easy to clear his name. The kid's father is a barrister, so we sent all the evidence to him. Polly was immediately arrested with Link fined for keeping it to himself. He was under probation for six months, but it was better than jail. Tyra's father was a great help to his punishment reduction. Now that was over, Tyra insisted their wedding preparations begin to match Rylee's. They like doing everything together like they were the twins, so it was understandable. Now imagine if Rominic and I joins, it would be even more better and less expenses. The three siblings holding their grand wedding at the same day.

But it will never happen.

   I sighed loudly, tearing my gaze away from him and looking at the barman. I knew he was mad but I didn't think it would get to that point. I was being impatient, it had not even been a day. But, I couldn't help it, I needed him to tell me that everything's alright. Even if we never put a ring to it, as long as we are okay, I was fine. Okay, I was not. I wanted a ring and someone's last name too. All my friends were married... Well, Giovanna wasn't but I'm sure that would be fix sooner than later.

   Back to the all my friends are married part. Ferris, my very best, the bone of my bones, my left kidney and my lungs. He was married to another friend, have kids and is happy. Elias, Maverick, Cameron, Waylon, they were all married to friends, and now, Link and Phineas is about to as well. Gael is not a human being so he's out of the picture. With them married and happy, I would be the odd one. When? Would he ever? Would we ever?

   "Ooh! It's my turn!" Serene shouted. "Let's go, Zach!"

   "Can I not?" Zach complained with pleading eyes, but his pleading was for himself. Serenity still pulled him with her. It was suppose to be a competition. Zach and Serenity, Sera and Zayne, Zyaire and Rominic and me and Perry. I got stuck with the bird because everyone ditched me.