Book Seventeen: just for the plan

Lavender's viewpoint

   I sighed for the umpteenth time, tossing again on my side of the bed. It wasn't because I was reckless, I was just very excited about the master plan Phineas and Rylee gave me. It was the perfect plan, the very, very, perfect plan. Rominic would murder people by the time the revenge is completed. Blood will flow and I'd be satisfied. I couldn't wait, I just couldn't wait. The anticipation of it was making it difficult for me to sleep. My mind kept giving me wonderful scenarios of how it would turn out and I accepted them with a wide grin.

   Rominic sat at his own side of the bed, his fingers hitting the keyboards with speed, accuracy and grace. I knew I was starting to annoy him with my tossing and turning, but I couldn't help it. I needed to get all the energy out so I could sleep. His typing wasn't helping my ministry because it sounded like music in my ears and I wanted to dance so badly. My legs were starting to ache from me resisting the urge.

   "Okay, why are you so excited?" He huffed out finally. I turned to my other side so I could see his face. He hadn't lifted his head from his laptop and his lips were still pressed into a annoyed frown. His eyebrows were knitted together and not from concentration.

   "I'm bored."

   "If you want to dance, dance. I can see your legs tapping," I sat up and wiggled my toes. "But I also know that rush of energy is from something else. I don't want to ask because you won't reply, so I'm just going to tell you to go dance. There's a Just Dance machine in the playroom."

   "Dance with me." I blunted out. Phineas told me to try to make him feel hopeful so when I strike, it would hurt him more. So, I chalked my bluntness to Phineas' advice. I shrugged my shoulders and tilt my head, asking him if he wanted to dance. He lifted his laptop to show me he was busy but I pouted.

   "Lavender, I wasted all day at your ridiculous party, I can't..."

   "I thought your finger is broken? How are you still typing?"

   He shrugged. "Not the first time Rylee broke my fingers," he shrugged again, "I'm use to it. You should go, I'm fine."

   "I don't care if you are fine, just dance with me," he tilt his head thoughtfully and pinned his lips shut. He nodded after thinking about it for seconds. "Yay!" I jumped to my feet and ran out of the room. Rominic and I used to dance a lot. He was an incredible dancer and dancing was one of the things we loved doing together. It was the one moment... One of the moments that connected us together. Rominic was always so perfect to me. He might not have been a terrific singer, mainly because he didn't care enough to practice, but his voice was breathtaking. I'd always wanted a man that could sing for me once in a while and dance with me every night. Rominic knew how to do both.

   Another thing that captured me was his swimming. Being a lady with no grace with water, I wanted someone who could swim so my children won't drown like I always do. I don't know what's with me and water, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't swim. I tried and I tried and when it wasn't working, I cried. But then Rominic came and flaunt his grace to me. He moved in the water like the water itself. It was one of his most mesmerizing activity–next to when he's gyming of course. He taught me how to not die in water, but I was still a bad swimmer.

   What else could he do that made me swoon? Draw. Rominic could draw a dragon with his eyes close. He could draw me in the dark. According to him, he learnt how to draw with a blindfold because he was fascinated by a blind man that could draw so well. He wanted to learn how to draw like him and he did. It was remarkable and only three of my children got his skills. Zayne and Zachary were a natural, as well as Serenity. Zayne could draw better than both put together. I was so happy when they started drawing.