Javier Pena-Overprotective

You're going undercover and Javi is acting way too overprotective.

Some strong language and a little violence.

................

You're trying hard to ignore Javier as he watches you prepare for going undercover this evening.

You're dressed as a prostitute. Javi was dead set against it. You didn't care.  You need a way in. And if this is your only way, so be it.

Javi strides into the room once you're finished dressing and gently takes ahold of your arms, turning you to face him.

You see the worry in his beautiful dark eyes and you lean in, gently capturing his lips with your own. His expression softens.

"This is the mother of all bad ideas, " Javi says softly, gently massaging your back.

You pull away from him and reach for a tube of hot pink lipstick, applying a lot.  You smack your lips and wink at your reflection.

You turn and Javi gently wraps his fingers around your wrist, pulling you closer again.

"Don't do this,  Y/N. Please." You pull your wrist free, placing your hands on Javi's chest, pushing him back.

"You just hate the thought of some other man touching me."

Javi's expression goes dark, his dark eyes intense and raw. You know you've hit a sore spot.

"I don't like the idea of anyone else touching you." You roll your eyes and step backwards.

"Don't get weird on me, Javi. I'm just doing what needs to be done to catch these sick son of a bitch who's thumping on prostitutes."

Javier loops this thumbs through the belt loops on his jeans,  head down and his posture defensive. You lean closer, planting a kiss on his head.

His head snaps up and he looks so damn vulnerable that you almost can't take it.

"I'll be fine, Javi." He just nods. Steve comes into the office. He looks at you.

"You ready?"

"I am."

"Great. Let's go bust this asshole."

..................

You've standing around for the last four hours, trying to figure out who this asshole is that beating up the prostitutes.

So far, nothing. Well, not nothing. There's been several other assholes who wanted to 'hire' you.

You promptly shut them all down. You're disgusted by them. Seriously? Don't these idiots have anything better to do?

You glance over at where Steve and Javi are both waiting, in the shadows, ready to help bust the idiot.

You finally notice some guy hassling one of the other girls. She tries to shake him off, but he gets a little rough with her.

You rush off in their direction and pull out your weapon, pointing it at the guy. He scowls and....pulls out his own weapon.

You stand your ground. You hear footsteps pounding in your direction, knowing that Javi and Steve are coming.

"Put down the weapon," you order. The idiot sneers at you,  refusing to back down.

"Make me, bitch!" You gently squeeze the trigger and...fire. The guy screams out in pain, falling backwards.

He swears loudly as Javi reaches you. He gently grips your elbow with his fingers. You turn to look at him and realize that you're shaking just a little.

Steve has the guy by the arms and is handcuffing him. You collapse against Javi, as his arm encircles your waist.

"I got you, chica. You're okay."

"Thanks, Javi."

...............

You're curled around Javier's body and he holds you close. You gently stroke his mustache and hair.

"You were very brave, mi amor." Javier's lips brush over your cheek. You shiver.

"I just did what I needed to do, Javi." You press your lips to his and he kisses you back with so much passion that it makes you tingle.

"You did more than that. You stopped some asshole from hurting any more of the prostitutes."

You rub Javier's back and he grins, holding you by the waist.

"Yeah, I know.  I was pretty terrific." Javi laughs and buries his face against your neck.

"Yes, mi amor. You certainly were. "