Dave York-Family Man

You've been dating Dave for a while now and he wants you to meet his young daughter, Cassie.

You're not sure you're up for this. But for Dave, you'll give it a chance.

Some minor swearing and innuendo.

................

Tonight is the night. You're going to meet Dave's five year old daughter, Cassie. You're nervous, wanting to make a good impression on the little girl.

You step out of your car and close the door and head for the front door. You ring the doorbell and a moment later Dave answers the door, all dressed up a crisp, white button down shirt and some black slacks.

He grins at you and leand in for a gentle kiss. You smile and offer him the peach pie you made and brought for dessert.

"Oh, Y/N. Thanks for this." Dave ushers you inside the house and closes the door. Your stomach is flip flopping around.

Dave takes your hand and leads you into the kitchen and sitting at the counter, on a bar stool, is a little girl, who looks exactly like Dave.

She smiles shyly at you and you smile back, waiting for Dave to make the proper introductions.

"Y/N, this is my daughter, Cassie. Cassie, this is my friend, Y/N."

You look at Dave, who nods at you. You walk over to Cassie and lean down to her level.

"Hello, sweetheart. How are you doing?" Cassie grins and you can definitely see Dave in her.

"Hi. I'm good. I'm this many." Cassie holds up five fingers. You smile.

"Wow! That's awesome." Cassie nods.

"Yes. Ooh, is that peach pie, Daddy?" Dave grins as he sets the pie on the kitchen counter.

"Yes, it is, Sweetie. But we we'll have dinner first, okay?" Cassie nods and you smile. You have a feeling that everything will be just fine.

.................

Cassie is a bright little girl. She has very entertaining stories to tell you. She loves school and has lots of friends there.

She loves animals, too, especially dogs, and really wants a puppy for her birthday. She's already asked her mom twice, but she said maybe when Cassie was older.

Dave can't keep his hands off of you. He keeps on touching you beneath the table. His hand slips down to your thigh a few times and you have a hard time sitting still when it does.

It makes you ache for Dave. But now is definitely not the proper time for that. You just take Dave's hand and hold it.

Cassie doesn't seem the least bit worried that her daddy likes you. Towards the end of the meal, she's clamoring more for your attention and you have to smile.

"Daddy, can we have ice cream with our pie?" Cassie asks and Dave's expression is so tender that it only makes you fall harder for him.

"A little bit, baby." Dave gets the carton of vanilla ice cream out of the freezer and serves up a little for everyone.

Cassie digs right in, promptly smearing ice cream on her face. Both you and Dave laugh. You eat your own ice cream and pie, as Dave slips his arm around your waist.

You lean back into his chest. You really care a lot about Dave. And you know that Dave cares a lot about you.

"What I wouldn't give to ravage you right now, " Dave growls softly in your eat.

You giggle and swat at him as you lean forward, taking another bite of your dessert.

"Daddy, I'm finished," Cassie announces.

"Okay, Sweetie. Just let Daddy and Y/N finish." Cassie nods and hops off her chair, coming straight to you, leaning against you.

You smile and gently stroke her long, brown hair. She grins widely and you can't help but fall in love with her, too.

Cassie gives you a hug and you rest your head on top of hers for a moment.

"I hope you'll come back over," Cassie tells you. You suddenly feel like crying.

"As long as it's okay with your daddy," you say softly.

"It's okay by me," Dave says, slipping his arm around you again and kissing the top of your head.

"Goody!" Cassie claps her hands and looks happy. You chuckle, happy that Cassie approves of you being with her father.

...........

You and Dave are curled up together on his living room couch, his arms wrapped securely around you.

He leans in closer, kissing you passionately and you kiss him back. You love the feel of his lips on yours.

"You made a great first impression on Cassie," Dave says softly as he begins to stroke your thigh. You squirm but are enjoying it.

"She's beautiful, smart and a handful." Dave laughs.

"You hit the nail on the head there. But I love her so damn much." He pauses, his dark eyes intense.

"As much as I love you." He presses his lips to yours again and you don't want him to stop.

"If we continue on with this relationship, Cassie is a big part of it."

You touch Dave's face. You can feel the rough stubble on his cheeks. You smile at him. You knew that when Dave first told you about his daughter.

"Yes, Dave," you murmur softly as you stroke his hair. "And I think I've already fallen in love with Cassie."

Dave's expression turns tender and it makes you ache inside for him. You love it when he looks this way.

"That, " Dave says softly. "Was the right thing to say."