Marcus Pike-You've Always Been The One

You've known Marcus for years now. You haven't seen him in a while, though, but end up working together again.

And things heat up between you both.

Some minor swearing and innuendo but not much.

...............

You blink in surprise. Whoa. Is that who you think it is?

"Marcus?" He twirls in your direction. His eyes widen as he catches sight of you. He hurries over to you and you practically jump into his arms.

"Oh, my God, Y/N! Is that really you?" You laugh and hug Marcus tightly.

"It's really me. Gosh, how long has it been?"

"Ten years,at least. How's life been treating you?"

"I've been better. You know that guy I married?"

"Yeah?"

"He turned out to be a two timing cheat. We divorced a few years ago. How about you?"

"Well, my wife and I ended up on the same page. We're also divorced."

"Oh, Marcus. I'm sorry."

"Likewise."

"So?" Marcus leans against the wall and folds his arms across his chest.

"Looks like we'll be working together again. Think you can handle it?"

"Only if you can, Pike." Marcus grins.

"Game on."

.............

This case you've been working on has been crazy. You lose count of how times you ended up staying late at the office.

At least you had Marcus there with you. You never realized just how much you missed him until you were back with him.

He's such a good guy. You can't see why his ex wife just left him. Of course, like you really have any room to talk.

With your own marriage ending in the toilet. But unlike you, Marcus was a decent person.

Your personal thoughts are interrupted by the person in mind, as Marcus comes over to join you.

"Anything?" He asks. His handsome face is weary and drawn. You immediately reach out to give his arm a gentle squeeze. Marcus smiles.

"We'll get this guy," you assure him. "And do you know why?"

"Because we're badass F.B.I. agents?"

"Yeah." You pull a slip of paper closer so Marcus can look it over.

"Actually, I did discover that this idiot was stealing from his employer. Not necessarily money. But loads of sensitive information. Probably to sell it off to the highest bidder."

You slide the piece of paper closer to Marcus and turn to look at him. He's....staring straight at...you.

Your cheeks immediately start burning. What is going on here?

"Marcus?"

"I want to kiss you, Y/N." You stare back at him. Uh, come again?

"Marcus, we need to focus here." Marcus sighs heavily.

"I'm sorry. It's just you've always had this effect on me." WHAT?! Marcus never mentioned anything like that to you before!

"R-Really?" Marcus nods.

"I can't, wow. This is nuts. I never realized."

"I didn't want you to think I was some sort of creepy stalker." Marcus grins and you chuckle.

"You're right," you joke. "Smart move on your part." Marcus laughs. Then he's serious.

"I'd love to take you out for dinner sometime. Would that be okay?"

"I'd like that."

..............

Marcus manages to take you out for dinner in the next couple of weeks. You positively love it. Things are so natural between you and Marcus.

You know you can be yourself around him and he feels the same way about being around you.

Then...after dinner, you head back to Marcus' place. Things end up moving somewhat faster than you expected. But that's okay. Really.

You lie close to Marcus as you both cuddle with each other on his living room couch.

"This is so surreal, " you murmur, rubbing Marcus' back as he kisses the crown of your head.

"Tell me about it. I still can't believe that we actually ended up working together again. And then, well..." Marcus shrugs and smiles.

You scoot closer to him and nestle your head in the crook of his neck. You feel Marcus trailing his fingers over your arm.

"This was meant to be. I just know it was." Marcus gently takes ahold of your chin, tilting it upwards.

His kiss is so gentle and sweet that it only makes you want more of Marcus Pike.

"I feel that way, too."