Marcus Pike-Surprising You

You decide to surprise Marcus by stopping by when you know he's working late and have a nice, romantic picnic.

Some minor swearing and innuendo but nothing major.

................

You step out of your car, your arms filled with bags of food. You knew Marcus was most likely going to have to pull an all nighter, with the current case he was involved in.

You head over to his back door. You can clearly see Marcus, sitting there, in his den, only wearing a white tshirt and a pair of black pajama bottoms. You smile as you rap sharply on the back door.

You see Marcus look over and stand up from his spot on the couch. He grins when he sees that it's you. He unlocks the door, pulling it open.

"What's all this?" He asks, ushering you inside the house and closing the door, relocking it.

"I knew you'd be working late, so I brought you some food. I don't have to stay, thought, if you're too busy."

"Stay, please, "Marcus says, pulling you closer. You smile up at him.

"Okay." You move and head over to the couch, setting everything down.

"I brought some chicken strips, mashed potatoes with brown gravy, some bread rolls and an apple pie."

"Wow!" Marcus looks impressed. "You went all out, didn't you?" You pull his head down and gently kiss him.

"Yeah." You go and get some plates, spoons and napkins. "Oh, shoot! I forgot something to drink."

"Never fear, Marcus is here." He opens up the fridge and grabs out a pitcher of iced tea. You smile and pretend to wipe sweat from your brow. Marcus laughs.

You both settle down on the couch and dig in. Marcus takes a big bite of mashed potatoes.

"You're the best, Y/N," he says, planting a kiss on the crown of your head. You laugh.

"I know."

...............

You end up staying the night with Marcus, as you help him some with the case.

You're cuddled up against Marcus' chest as you both read through some old files that might hold some clues as what happened.

"How long have you been after this particular person?" You ask. Marcus sighs.

"Too damn long." Marcus suddenly grabs you, tugging you up into his lap and you giggle as you touch his face.

"Let's forget this boring crap and do something fun." You kiss Marcus as you begin touching his face.

"I'd like that. But..." Marcus sighs again. He nods, but you cling to his arms.

"I love you so damn much." Marcus cups your face gently in his hands. You just gaze into those beautiful brown eyes of his. He flashes a quick grin and you finger his dimples.

"These things ate ridiculously," yiu tease him and Marcus laughs.

"Do tell." Then...he's slowly undressing you and you do the same with him.

"I guess we're taking a break, after all, Special Agent Pike." Marcus buries his face in the crook of your neck and you kiss the side of his head.

"Yeah. We are."

.............

You both end up falling asleep and not much more work gets accomplished. You feel a little guilty about that, but Marcus insists that he needed the rest.

"I've been working around the clock for two damn weeks. This was needed." You stroke his head and he has his head on your chest. You love him, too.

"I love you, too," you whisper and you feel Marcus smile against you.

"I knew that. But I love hearing you say so." You kiss his forehead.

"I'll stay and help you some more, if you'd like."

"That would be greatly appreciated."