Javier Pena-Questions

Javi runs into something unpredictable. You. He starts to question everything he knows.

Including himself.

Something talk about violence and swearing and innuendo.

............

You stare at the dark, brooding handsome man in front of you. He seems...disturbed by finding you here, in this place.

A place of darkness and violence and people with questionable motives. He walks over, his hands tightly gripping a weapon. A weapon he clearly knows how to use.

"Get up." You scowl. You refuse to be ordered around by this asshole. You reach for a shirt, pulling it on. The man leans over, grabbing your wrist.

"I said, get the hell up!" He jerks you upwards and you nearly stumble. He doesn't release his tight grip on you. It's starting to hurt.

"Ow!" You snap, glaring daggers at him. He abruptly releases you and you fall against him. He automatically reaches out to steady you.

"What are you going to do with me?" He just stares at you, a blank expression on his handsome face.

"That's yet to be determined."

.............

His name is Javier Pena. You'd heard that name before. Somewhere. You can't recall where. Probably one of the assholes that hung around with the boss.

He doesn't arrest you and that baffles you. He's a law man and that's what law men do. They bust into places like where you were and start arresting everyone in the joint.

But...Javi isn't doing that with you. However, even though, you're not technically under arrest, he keeps you in a locked room, where you can't escape.

Why would you want to escape now that you've crossed paths with this handsome guy? Maybe, you think. Of you turn on the charm a little, you'll find out more about Javier Pena.

.............

You're staring at Javier. He wants to take you....home. With him. You frown. Does he have ulterior motives? Why does he want you with him. You're suddenly afraid of what he has in mind.

Just because he's a law man doesn't necessarily mean that he's going to always follow those laws.

"Why?" You ask. "Are you trying to trick me into saying or doing something to incriminate myself?"

"No," Javi says, his deep voice low. Shit! Just the sound of his voice makes you feel...things you wish you weren't.

"I want to keep you safe."

"I'd be safer if I stayed here," you point out. Javier nods, his expression grim.

"That's true. However, I'll just feel better about the whole thing if I know you're with me."

"Whatever. I'm giving you anything, asshole."

"Oh, believe me, chica," Javier says dryly. "I know all too well that you won't."

...........

You're nothing but a filthy liar. You gave up something. Yourself. And now, you're super pissed off at yourself.

You curl up on Javier's couch, a worn blanket wrapped around your slender frame as you're...sobbing quietly. You hate this! You never wanted this damn screwed up life.

All you ever wanted was to be happy and maybe have someone who feels the same way about you, as you feel about them.

You hear a door creak open and soft footsteps padding in your direction. You quickly wipe your eyes and nose on your tshirt that Javi let you borrow.

"I'm here, Y/N." You immediately sit up and lean into Javier. His arms go around you and then...you're crying again.

Javi rocks you a little and eventually you stop. Javier kisses your forehead and you want him to continue doing that. It's so comforting and soothing to you.

"Oh, Javi. What's going to happen to me?"

"I'm going to take care of you."

"You can't. You'll get into trouble."

"I can do whatever the hell I want to." His voice raises slightly and it frightens you. You shrink away from him.

"I'm sorry. Hey, hey. It's okay. I'm sorry." You snuggle back against him. Javi sighs.

"I just have so many damn questions sometimes. Some I don't feel like anything I do is going to make any difference around here."

"At least you're trying. That's better than doing nothing."

"Yeah." But you can tell by the tone of Javier's voice, he doesn't even believe that himself.

.............

You do end up staying with Javi. He protects you and takes care of you. He do the same for him.

Because if it wasn't for him, you'd probably be dead.

...........

You're holding on to Javier's body. He's had a rough week and seems restless this evening.

You don't say anything. You just hold him as much as he'll allow and kiss him. Javi holds you, too. He's so gentle that every time he touches you, you fall for him all over again.

"Do you still question yourself?" You ask, gently stroking his hair.

"All the damn time. But it helps to know that I have helped some people."

"Like me."

"Yeah, chica. Like you." Javi kisses you and you smile. Yes, like Javi, you have questions, too.

But everyone does at some point in their lives. At least you found Javi our of the questions and darkness and mess.