Omar Assarian-Give In part three

You've made up with Omar, but still disagree with him doing the fight.

Some swearing and violence.

...........

Okay. You realized that maybe you just a tad over dramatic the other day. Besides, after a while, you missed Omar. You need him. You can't live without him.

You went back to his place and begged Omar's forgiveness. He pulled you into his apartment and kissed you until you couldn't breathe.

"I just...." You begin but stop. Omar scoops you up into his arms and carries you over the couch and sits down, cradling you.

"I overreacted."

"You think?"

"Oh, Omar! What if something awful happens?"

"It won't." He suddenly looks sad.

"Don't you have any faith in me, baby girl?" You wrap your arms around his neck and gaze into his beautiful dark eyes and kiss him.

"Of course I do."

"Could have fooled me."

"I do. I just don't trust the other guy. This isn't some damn pillow fight."

"Duh." You shake your head. But then, you cuddle with Omar. You decide that there will be no more talk of this stupid fight.

"Let's talk about something else, " you say. Omar suddenly grins wickedly and you know exactly what he's thinking.

"I know something we can do. And no talking is required." You giggle.

"Sounds perfect. But aren't you tired after training so much?"

"Nah." Omar gives you a lazy grin. "That was just a warm up. "

.............

The next day, Omar is back at it. Training like the fool that he clearly is. You still have trouble understanding why in the actual hell someone would do this for a damn living.

You watch Omar train. You still hate it. And you still disagree with it. However, if this is what makes Omar happy, then you'll learn to deal with it.

That doesn't mean, though, that you'll like it. Nor does it mean that you have to like it. You love Omar. But you don't love his stupid obsession with boxing.

You remember when Omar first told you about this. You thought he'd get his fill and then be done with it. Guess he got the laugh on you when it came to that.

Omar takes a five minute break and comes straight to you. He's a sweaty mess but you automatically reach out for him.

"It means the world to me that you're here, baby girl." Omar kisses you and you can't help but smile.

"I'll be here," you tell Omar. "But that doesn't mean I'll always like it." Omar's expression changes and looks so tender.

"I know. But at least you're still here. And that speaks volumes to me." He gives you another quick kiss before returning to the ring.

You lean against the wall. You sigh softly. You realize something else. You're just as stupid as Omar is.

.............

It's the evening of the fight. Your stomach is in knots of anxiety. You know damn well that this could end very badly for Omar.

You tell yourself that Omar can handle himself. That he's been training for this for weeks and that he knows what he's doing.

Yet...you can't stop yourself from thinking the what ifs. What if Omar gets pummeled within an inch of his life? What if he gets seriously injured and ends up flat on his back in the hospital for several weeks?

You know, you know. You're probably overreacting just a little. (A little?? Probably more than a little!)

Omar is getting ready to go out and fight. He gently takes you by the waist and kisses you. You try to smile, but you feel like you're going to puke.

"I'm going to be just fine, baby girl." You wrap your arms around Omar's neck and kiss him.

"Damn right you are."

..........

It's over! Thank God! Omar isn't completely unscathed. However, at least he's still in one piece. That's the important thing.

Omar runs to you, lifting you up into his arms and kissing you. You wrinkle your nose because his nose is bleeding some. But you'll overlook it this once because you're happy he's not seriously hurt.

.............

You're curled around Omar's body. Some dark bruises are beginning to appear on his face and hands and his chest.

You'd put some ice packs on the bruises and Omar was grateful. Then you just held him. He kisses your forehead and you smile.

"I told you that I'd prevail, Y/N. Maybe next time you'll trust me." You look at him in mock horror.

"You mean you're planning on doing this again?" Omar just lightly punches you in the shoulder. You laugh and gently capture Omar's lips with your own.

He gazes hungrily at you. You rest your forehead against his and he grins wickedly.

"Get used to it, baby girl."

"Or I could just dump your stupid ass." Omar holds you close.

"You wouldn't do that."

"Wouldn't I?"

"Nah. You love me too much."

"Yeah, I do."