🦍

(A/N: hey y'all so I can't sleep rn and I'm in my new house it's the first night sleeping here so I'm unpacking at 130 am lmao. Anyway enjoy! But first you need an explanation of this chapter. So basically the emoji in the title slot is a gorilla (my fave animal) and this chapter, Cheryl is a primatologist and she's married to Toni, who loves all animals and wants to hold a baby gorilla like ppl hold koalas so Cheryl makes that happen. Random I know lmao but enjoy!).

No time skip

Cheryl's POV

All my life, I have adored animals. Specifically, I've always loved primates but my favorites are gorillas. They're the animals that are commonly known as "Gentle Giants". The reason for this is because even though they're big, they're so kind and, in most cases, wouldn't hurt a fly. Of course there are exceptions. If you take an infant gorilla from their mom or dad, expect retaliation. But, they're a very underrated animal in my opinion and I love them.

Because of this, I actually became a primatologist. I
work at a zoo part time and full time at a science research center. But, one of my favorite parts of my day is coming home and telling Toni all about work.

Toni once told me that she'd love to hold a gorilla baby like some people hold koalas, and I've done that multiple times in my job field, so to me it didn't seem like that much of a bucket list item. But I'm lucky enough to do what I do for a career so I've done it before.

Anyway, I love my wife so I decided to make it happen for her. I called up my boss. "Hey David it's Cheryl Blossom-Topaz. Is there any way we can arrange for my wife to meet some of our gorillas? She loves them." "Yeah sure. Come in after your shift but you have to come in with her since you're licensed. I'll be there too." He explained and I nodded even though he couldn't see me since it was over a phone call.

Later that night, when Toni got home from work, I told her that tomorrow afternoon I had a surprise for her. "What is it?!" She asked giddily. "I can't say babe, otherwise it wouldn't be a surprise now would it?" I smirk and kiss her pouting lips.

Time skip to the next day after Cheryls shift

Cheryls POV

I drove home after work to pick up Toni, and I told her to dress in casual clothes she wouldn't mind getting a little dirty, because chances are that's what would happen when holding any wild animals in a zoo.

"Baby ready to go?" I asked, twirling my keys in my left hand and leaning up against the car. "Yep!" She said happily and got into the passenger side of the car.

Once we got to my work, she knew what was happening. "So babe we're gonna be allowed to go into the gorilla enclosure (safely) and you can hold one of the babies! Before you ask, yes it's safe. You'll have me, my boss David, and two other zoo keepers on deck. All of these gorillas have been raised by us since birth. They won't harm you." I said and she smiled. "Thanks babe. I know this is kind of a weird bucket list item but I've just always wanted to do it." She said. I nodded. "You don't need to explain yourself babes I get it." I said.

We walked hand in hand into the zoo, and made a left at the mammals section. David was standing there with an infant gorilla in his arms, feeding it a bottle. "This is Dolly, she's about 10 months old and our most gentle infant. Her mom and dad are also very docile, so we imagine that could be why she is." He explained. Toni and I sat down as he approached us. Hw placed the baby in the middle of our laps.

She felt a bit heavier than expected but she was so cute and furry. Toni held her and smiled.