🌞🌛

(A/N: this chapter has a sun and moon emoji, because in my head and to many other ppl as well: Cher is the sun, and Toni is the moon! So this a fluff chapter surrounding that idea. The picture of the day is of my food at a wedding I went to today lol. Anyway enjoy)

No time skip

Cheryls POV

The sun and moon represent different things in different cultures but the one thing that is common in all of them is their polarity. The sun symbolizes firmness, strength and power while the moon represents calmness, beauty, nurturing.

This fits my girlfriend and I to a tee. She is the most nurturing and caring woman I've ever met. I'm fierce and tough on the outside, sure, but few people know my true loving and slightly goofy personality.

She makes me feel like a thousand butterflies are flying around in my stomach.

There's nothing I wouldn't do for Toni, that's for sure. Funnily enough, she and I are both very spiritual people. We both believe in energies, auras, etc. and we also believe in star signs and stuff of that nature. Neither of us are particularly religious, but we prefer to use the word spiritual to describe our beliefs and our faith.

"You're my sun," Is something Toni often says to me, and I reply with "you're my moon."

It may not sound like a cute nickname but to us it is. In fact, I decided to get Toni a gift. I got us both a pair of earrings: my pair was a sun and hers was of a moon.

I decided to write her a note to better explain my feelings for her and why I even got her this gift in the first place.

"Dear TT,

You may be wondering why I am giving you yet another gift. 'Is it a special occasion?' You're probably asking yourself but no, it's not. It's just a token of my love and appreciation for you. You see, when you say "you're my sun." It sounds so romantic. Then I reply with "you're my moon," which sounds way less romantic lol. But there's a reason I say it. The moon gives us light in the dark, gives us hope that there's better days coming. That's exactly what you do for me. You light up my life when it's dark. I know I'll never walk alone, I'll always have your glow to guide me. Thank you for all that You do for me. I love you, mon amour.

Love,

Cheryl <3"

I brought the gift downstairs to where she was sat watching TV. I turned the television off and sat myself down on her lap with the gift and note in my hand. "Hey beautiful. I was watching that, you're lucky you're so cute." She giggled. "Toni I have a gift for you." I said, handing her her pair of earrings in their box and the note. "Angel you didn't need to do that! Thank you!" She said, kissing my cheek.

"Open it." I prompted quietly. "Okay okay." She said excitedly as she began to open her present. Her eyes lit up and once she read the note, she began to cry. "I'll always be your moon, even if you hate me one day." She said as she wept. "I'll never hate you. I'll always be your sun."