🎄📃

(A/N: in this chapter Cheryl and Toni's sons write and show their moms their Christmas wish lists!)

No time skip

Toni's POV

As I was doing laundry downstairs, I heard two little sets of footsteps running down the stairs, toward me. "Mama! Jackie and me made our Christmas lists!" My eight year old son, Jonah, said, coming toward me with his four year old brother, Jack, in tow. "That's great bub, but how did Jack do his?" I asked, kneeling down to their level. "Mommy and me helped him make it. He showed us pictures and we wrote the words." He smiled proudly, showing his missing front tooth.

I smiled, imagining Cheryl and the boys making Christmas lists together, my heart filling with joy just at the thought.

"Let me get Mommy and we'll take a look at your lists." I said, turning on the washer and walking upstairs, holding Jack as Jonah rushed ahead.

We walked into the master bedroom that I share with my wife, Cheryl, and sat on the bed with Jack as Jonah climbed on as well. "Mommy, mommy, mommy! Our lists are done!" Jonah said, bouncing up and down excitedly. "That's wonderful my Angel, let's take a look." Cheryl said, kissing his cheek as he handed her the list.

Jonah's Christmas List

- a kitty cat
- A new baseball glove
- Hockey trading cards
- Mini m&ms
- Soccer cleaTs
- Red nail polish like mommy's

Then, we looked at Jack's list

Jack's Christmas List

- spider man backpack
- Batman jammies
- Oreos
- Green paci
- Monkey stuffie
- Kitty cat

We planned to get them more than what was on their list, but we were happy to have some guidance. We typically look for similarities in their lists and we saw the cat on both their lists.

"JoJo, Jackie, do you guys mean a cat stuffed toy?" Cheryl asked just to be sure. "No Mommy. We want a real kitty." Jonah said, as Jack nodded along with him.

"We'll see what we can do." I said, wanting to make it a surprise for them.

The boys got down and went to the playroom to hang out and play for a while so Cheryl and I could make breakfast. "So, they want a cat." Cheryl said, giggling. "Yeah. I mean personally I don't see why we can't get one, but I wanna know how you feel about it." I said. Communication is key in our relationship, always.

"I think it's a good idea. They're good boys, they deserve a pet. Plus, we have the room and the time what with our schedules not changing. Let's look into it today." Cheryl said and I agreed. "Sounds perfect babe." I said as I kissed her.

Later that day, Jack had his peewee soccer game, but it was indoor. Reggie and Archie co-coached both his team and Jonah's baseball and basketball teams. Archie and Veronica came over to pick the boys up for the game so that way Cheryl and I could look into getting a cat.

Christmas was still a month away, so we decided together to give them this one present early.

"I say we get a black cat." Cheryl said. "Why?" I asked. "Because, babe, it's like me. Often misunderstood-" . "-but still cuddly and soft?" I finished, giggling as she playfully punched my arm and blushed. "Something like that, yeah. Anyway, my point was we could get a black cat since people call them bad luck, but they're not. I don't believe that for a second." She said and I smiled. Even if it was a Breed of cats, Cheryl never let anyone feel unwanted after she met me.

"I think that's a wonderful idea." I said and we drove to petco together.