Chapter One

Slowly tapping her fingers and silence filling the room.
Ryujin is really not the most patient person in the world.

You might be wondering where she is. She's currently holding a staring contest with the principal of the school yup you read that right.

Ryujin being the most popular girl in school did not excuse her in any trouble she would get herself into. And being in the principal's office for smoking and almost setting the school on fire did not faze her any bit.

"How long are you going to ask me the same question? I didn't do anything."

Lying was also one of her greatest skills

Mr.Park sighs indicating he's loss of patience for the student in front of him. "Get out of my office and I better not see you here again young lady especially for the wrong reasons" He dismissed her

"Aw thank you. You won't regret it and I promise you won't see my face again" Ryujin quickly said before rushing towards the door and leaving before he changes his mind.

It's been two hours since school ended which is something Ryujin could not believe herself cause time fly by really fast when she was at the principal's office.

She needed to get herself out of trouble as it her last year in that hell hole and wanted to make the most out of it

"I missed practice!" Ryujin was dissapointed
"I'm going to be in trouble with the coach" She ran a hand through her hair with frustration.

She took out her phone while walking towards the school's exit and before she could actually text a particular someone she felt a hard wack at the back of her head.

"Where the hell do you come from?! I was worried sick." Ryujin turned to be met by an angry Chaeryeong and after all these years of growing up together she has never seen her this mad.

"Relax. I was at the store"

"And since when did the principal's office turn into a 'store'?"

"Okay. fine. I got myself into little trouble but all is well" Ryujin calmly dismissed.

"How are you so calm about the fact that you almost burned the school down OUR SCHOOL ALMOST BURNT DOWN RYUJIN!!" Ryujin's eyes widened at that point, not at fact she almost landed in jail but at the tone of her best friend.
'Nobody speaks to thee Shin Ryujin like that not even the principal' She thought
And also she was kind of worried since her friend was part of the school's theatre club, she was gonna lose her voice.

"You're not even listening! You need to get yourself together and stop smoking cause smoking will damage your lungs. It brings nothing but trouble And I also need my best friend in one piece when we make plans during the holidays" Chaeryeong was clearly not having it.

"Wait... I thought you hated spending time with me cause I'm too 'annoying'." Ryujin mocked the other

"That's not the point Ryujin"  Chaeryeong sighed
"Now let's go home before Mr. Park chases us out and calls the police on you. I ain't paying no bail buddy"

Chaeryeong pulled Ryujin by her arm and hurried together towards the school's exit and successfully leaving the school building.

***

"Have I ever told you how much of a great sister you are?" Yuna greeted Ryujin with that statement

"Just get to the point" Ryujin rolled her eyes out of frustration.
"I need new shorts for hockey and I know it's already short notice but I need it for Monday" Yuna told the latter.

After what seemed to be a whole century of thinking, Ryujin took out cash out of her pocket,  "You can keep the change"

"Ahh thank you very much" Yuna cheerfully jumped hugging her sister in the end.

"You don't have to thank me. I'm your responsibility." She then looked to the left where her mother was passed out from alcohol, nothing new. There are some days where she wasn't even sure if she was dead or alive.

Being the oldest child in the household meant that she had to take care of Yuna. Something she didn't mind at all due to her unconditional love for her younger sister.
Her mother was always drinking her life away and confronting her did not help at all.

She needed to ensure that she and Yuna were taken care of and working tirelessly on weekends was one of the ways she can keep things running in the household.

Yuna was only two years younger than Ryujin and she definitely understood what was going on. She trusted Ryujin more than her actual mother, who was barely a 'mom' to them.

***

It was weekend afternoon and the last hour of her shift. Ryujin took a quick glance at her phone seeing that she had over twenty text from a certain individual.

"Or you just gonna stand there or you gonna serve me like a special customer?"
Lia asked, Ryujin's friend from school broke the whisker dimpled girl from her thoughts.

The café was quite rather and Lia was one of the few that was present except the workers of course.
"How may I serve you ma'am?"
Ryujin took her pen and notebook out .
"Give me a latte and two blueberry muffins. And please don't 'ma'am' me. I'm way too young for that"
The waitress wrote the instructions before coming back with the order and joining the other on the table.

"Mmmmh this is so good" Lia enjoyed the muffins

Ryujin took this as opportunity to look out of the window and smiling to herself.

"They are Yeji's favourite." Ryujin then snapped out of whatever trance she was realising what she just said. 

"What I meant was... Urghhhh..." She buried her head on her hands. Completely embarrassed that she brought up her ex...again.

"Speaking of Yeji... Have you seen her?" Lia asked
"Huh?" Ryujin was confused as she had not seen the cat eyed girl for almost two years

"Ryujin! Table 5!!!"
"Coming!!"
"Sorry duty calls" Ryujin excused herself
"Please... No problem. I was on my way out too"
Ryujin then left the table and Lia followed shortly too leaving the café.

It was finally the end of her shift and Ryujin still found it strange that her friend asked if she had seen her ex.

She started the car's engine and drove off from her place of work.

It was Lia just being Lia. She will never see Yeji again. She must be really happy wherever she is.