Chapter Twelve

"Happy Birthday!" She was greeted by her sister holding a big cake and her mother?

"Happy Birthday honey!" Her mom gave her a hug which she returned.

Her sister then followed after placing the cake on the table and tried to tickle the birthday girl but Ryujin was not fazed

"Blow your candles and make a wish"

Ryujin was sure about what she had it mind and she could not ask for more. It was exactly what she always wanted in her life.

She successfully blew off the candles and small claps followed.

"I made it on time" Her mother stated

She gave Ryujin a piece of paper

"I was at the rehabilitation center and I'm still a work in progress"
She announced

"I did it for both of you. After losing your father to alcohol i had to stop myself from letting my children grow without a parent"

"This is the best birthday present i ever received" Ryujin gave her a smile and went to hug her mother again and pulled Yuna too into a family hug.

"Your father is watching over and proud of both of you"
Her mother stated switching her gazes between the two of them

Ryujin and Yuna gave each other a proud smile

"You'll be late for work" Yuna spoke

"I still got time and I'll head straight to the bowling alley after work" Ryujin answered her sister

"So that means you will get to see Yeji?" Yuna suggested

"Yeji's back?" Ryujin's mother asked

"Yes it's been months but we not really in good terms like we were before"

Her mom was suprised by the news knowing how close the two used to be
She raised her arms
"I won't ask I'll be upstairs in my office if you need anything and before i forget"
She searched her pockets and took out a bank card with a piece of white paper and gave it to her older daughter
"Spoil yourself the pin is also there " She then went upstairs

"Can't wait for my birthday so i can spoil myself too" Yuna spoke

Ryujin chuckled at her sister and checked her phone and she still hasn't gotten a text from her.

She barely got any sleep as she was up all night facetiming with Lia and Chaeryeong and responding to birthday wishes from everyone except Yeji.

She felt guilty about that day and she was conflicted on how the feline girl made her feel. She is the same that left her almost two years ago so why was she angry at her possibly moving on.

Is it possible that how she felt during those times never vanished?

*ding dong*

She mindlessly went to open the door revealing an unexpected visitor

"Can i come in?"

"Of course" Ryujin welcomed the girl who was occupying her mind the past seconds, hours, days and years.

"I didn't bring anything fancy but i got you this"

Ryujin carefully unwrapped the package revealing a framed picture of them when they were at the Sunday soccer game.

They were not in speaking terms that day but they still managed to take a picture of just the two of them thanks to Lia forcing them.

"It was hesitant on giving you this i haven't been to a soccer game in a while and i missed that feeling i really enjoyed it"
"I could not send you a birthday text because i wanted to do it in person"