Chapter Three

This is was beyond ridiculous to her. Ryujin went downstairs to wake her mother and to her surprise, She was awake and sober. She looked normal.

"Good morning, honey!"

"Morning"

Ryujin did not have the best relationship with her mom in fact they barely spoke.

"I made you some breakfast. You need all the nutrients to maintain your performance on the and perform at your best"

"You don't even know when's my next match and I'm scared to even tell you because you will show up drunk and embarrass me again!" Ryujin stated bluntly

Yuna made her way downstairs, switching her gazes between her mom and sister sensing the awkwardness and tension.

"Ryujin I'm trying my best here. Can't you see that-?"

"You act like a 'mom' once every now and then so am I now supposed to praise the bare minimum? Yuna needed you last week and you weren't there, you never there" Ryujin cut her mother off she held back tears, she had to be strong for her sister. She took her car keys.

"I'll wait for you in the car"

Yuna was eating silently when her mother broke the tension in the air. 
"Please look after Ryujin. You are all that she has" She then proceeded upstairs.

***

Ryujin and Yuna pulled up on the school's parking lot. They both stepped out and Ryujin locked the vehicle.

"Yeji!" Yuna screamed almost breaking the older Shin's eardrums.
"It's so nice to see you again. After a long time.Where have you been?"

Yeji hesitated and then stared at Ryujin who finally caught up with her sister. There was no trace of motion in Yeji's face but there was something about that look.

It was almost as if it was piercing through Ryujin's soul and trying to read her face.
Two can play the game as both were hiding their emotions.

"What's important is that I'm back for good"

The last words were interesting. Why is she acting like she wasn't the one who ruined their past relationship.

Ryujin was too busy spacing out not noticing the cat eyed woman with the most beautiful nose left. 

What was she thinking?

She then walked in alongside Yuna.

"Captain. Can we have a picture you?" A group of girls approached Ryujin. 
"Sure of course. Who can say 'no' to beautiful girls like you"

Yuna cringed at the sight
"Gross!" She then left the scene.

After taking the pictures, one of the girls stayed behind and Ryujin took that as a chance to flirt with her.

"They say 1+1=2 but I disagree cause you and me can create magic baby"
The girl whom Ryujin did not know her name was now full of giggles and blushing.

Damn this was too easy

"So are you coming to the party this Friday?"
"What party?!"

This was unusual as Ryujin was always the first one to be informed of parties happening.
"Yeji's silly. To celebrate her return to town. She's hosting a party at her big ass mansion. Everyone is invited."

Now it's starting to make sense. She's not in touch with Yeji so how was she supposed to know about the party.  Yeji was no stranger to the students here at the JYP school of arts despite being gone for months as she was quite well known mostly because her family is filthy rich and also owns a part of this school.

And few people know that Ryujin and Yeji are ex lovers. They always kept their relationship a secret and the closest they ever became public was when the school's gossip column spreaded rumours that they were but thank goodness the rumours quickly died out.

"I'll be there."
"I'll see you there then" The girl gave Ryujin and flirting look before walking away.

"You probably don't know her name" Chaeryeong scared Ryujin

"Jeez. Stop doing that you're going to give me a heart attack. And her name is not important as long as i scored myself a date at a party"
"What party?" It was Chaeryeong's turn to ask
"Yeji's party. It will serve as a great opportunity to show her that i moved on and i don't need her in my life"
Ryujin had victory written all over her face.
"You are doing too much over someone you don't like. Are you trying to convince her or yourself...?" Chaeryeong paused

"..I have witnessed how much of a mess you were after her departure. Are you sure entering her world would do you any good?" Chaeryeong was worried about her friend and protecting her would always be her priority.

***

Ryujin was seating at the library with her friend Mark. Revising over useless Science work and talking in between.

"What if? She's coming back to poison us and finish us once and for all"
"You're crazy" Ryujin laughed at her friend who was making all kinds of conspiracies about Yeji's party and her intentions.

"You can count me out cause I'm still grounded but i wish you all the best. Hope your life insurance is all paid up and updated" He got up and left

Mark knew about Ryujin and Yeji and always wanted to set a comfortable atmosphere whenever the cat eyed girl was brought up.

The cat eyed girl filled most of Ryujin's thoughts. Did she come back to ruin her last year of school, her life?

She hoped the party will give her opportunity to speak her mind

***

It was the day of the party and surprisingly it was packed. Maybe due to people being curious on how big the Hwang mansion was. There was music, sweaty and drunk people everywhere.

Ryujin felt a hand pull her by the wrist to outside.

"Ryujin! I thought you were not going to come since you and Yeji are avoiding each other the same way our school's male soccer team avoids winning" Lia was drunk, although there was truth on what she said.

"Where's Chaer?" Lia asked
"Don't think she's coming. She's kinda swamped right now"
"Booo! Who does work on a Friday..."
Lia then continued
"...Let me go drink some water before I throw up" She then walked inside the house

This mansion was huge and classy just like it's owners. They were classy outside but inside was a different story.

Ryujin could not find 'no name' girl. She was losing her patience.

"Ryu!" There's only few people that call her that but this time only one came into mind.
"Thank you for coming."
"It's not like i was invited" Ryujin stated and Yeji laughed way too hard or was it the alcohol?

"You always had a way to make me smile. And those cute dimples..." Yeji poked Ryujin's cheeks
"...I missed them so much"
Yeji had that look on her eyes again

Ryujin cleared her throat and gained courage to ask what has been on her mind these past days, "What are you up to Hwang Yeji?"

"I just came back for business that's all." Yeji's expressions turned into a serious one
"What kind of business?" Ryujin pressed
"It's nothing much okay" Yeji was on her way inside since they were outside

"You still that great liar like in the good old days. You never change Hwang Yeji."

After pausing on her steps she continued towards the door. Ignoring those words.