Chapter Thirteen

After what felt like a million years of waiting later their lips finally met. 

It was almost as if they were transported into a different world. A world full of peace and love.

They lips moved in perfect harmony as if their were made only for each other forgetting the loud music that was blasting at the place.

Ryujin's fingers slowly caressing Yeji's face

Ryujin was reminded on how bad she longed for this and how much of a great kisser Yeji was.

"Ahem?"
Yuna nterrupted the two

"There is a guy looking for you outside i think his name is Yeonjun and he's with"

"There she is!" A male voice got close to them

"Yeonjun what the hell are you doing?"

"It is time to go home Yeji before you embarrass the name of our family again"

Yeji dodged his attempt of taking her wrist

"I'm not going anywhere especially with you so please leave"

"I don't think so" Another familiar voice came
"I thought back then it was worse but now you are doing this for everyone to see"

This turned into a scene

"What's wrong with kissing a girl dad?"

Yeji was loud this time and Ryujin was worried about her as she saw tears threatening to fall down her face

Mr. Hwang composed himself

Some people were too shocked to see Mr. Hwang himself out in the public in casual wear. It was a rarer thing to see him anywhere.

He unexpectedly came to Ryujin's party well more like ruin it

"You better be in the car outside in no more than five minutes"

He then left the scene behind

"Yeji what is going on why is that man threatening you?"
Ryujin spoke for the first since this whole mess started

"That man is my father"
She quickly ran through the crowd

Chaeryeong held her friend back from following her and shook her head telling her friend that it was best to stay away from the drama.

*

Ryujin and Yuna got home after the drama that took place at her birthday party.
She was still fuming from what happened.

"What if he is the one separating us? Or maybe she's on a plane already planning to escape forever this time"

Ryujin vented to her younger sister who was clueless as her

"I don't know what to say the only person that can give you answers is Yeji herself"

***

It was a dreadful Wednesday morning.  She was late for her first class cause she forgot to fill up the tank of her car and her way to the gas station was hell as she met with the ultimate evil on the road, traffic.

And adding more to her misery,  she forgot her stationery at home and the cat-eyed woman was nowhere in sight after the night of the kiss.

Where was she?

"Shin Ryujin! My office now!"
A voice she has not heard in a while called her out in the hallway.

She did not do anything to get on Mr Park's bad side 

Could this day get any more worse?

She nervously sat down on the chair opposite him at his office.
She is pretty sure she did not get in trouble or disrupted the school in any way.
The lack of reason was testing her patience but she refused on letting it run out.

"Congratulations on your acceptance at South Korea's top university"

"Huh?"

"I'm the one who actually recommended you to the institution because i believe you meet all the qualities"
He confessed
"Have you accepted yet?"

She shook her head she still was not sure on many things regarding studying

"I'm not going to pressure as you still got time but I'm here if got any questions"
He eased the pressure off her and Ryujin did not know she was holding her breath until this moment

"I want to study at Seoul National University but I'm not sure if i would be able to afford to pay the expenses and yes i know most expenses are covered but there are other things that will need money and my contract at my current job is ending soon"
"I feel hopeless" She whined

"And i don't want to leave my sister behind"

Not wanting to leave her sister and her whole life behind was her major reason on why it was hard to make the decision on going to college.

It is not like she did not trust her sister alone she felt it was her responsibility to look after her up until graduation.

And what if things get tough in college?

"Your sister is only two years younger than you and moving to college does not mean you are abandoning her and your mother is still around"

"I'm not saying accept the offer but I'm willing to help you with college funds that is the least i can do to thank you for putting our school on the map"

***

"Let me take you home you're going to be sick "

"How would i know that you won't kidnap me?"

The stubborn girl spoke confidently as if she was not dripping wet due to walking on the rain. Being able to afford proper health care did not mean you are immune to catching a cold.

"Fine I'll find someone else to go on a ride with I'm pretty sure many will be lining up at the chance"

Yeji opened the passenger door and sat next to her

"Take me somewhere far...far away from all my problems"

The girl behind the wheel simply nodded her head at the request and drove to the place that immediately came into her mind.

************************************