27| The first tear

♡♡♡

QUINN

An agreement is what is it.

When it's called off I have to let go. That's how it works right. I mean when I made an agreement with my mum that I would date Ace to get over Dylan and made an agreement with Ace to fake it. Now that it's time to end it all why was I still hesitant.

Dylan is back which ends me and my mum's agreement and that's the only reason I agreed to the dating proposal. It was time to end it.

Carl watched me sternly, "I'm sorry for being like this but it's for the best. You too can't get any more attached now that Kim Nayong is back in town, you have to let Ace go."

Fire ran through my veins at the mention of the girl I saw at Ace's apartment. I quickly hide my emotions and said, "No no I understand.... I was also thinking of ending our fake relationship now that we've both completely fooled everyone."

The image of the night before flashed through my mind. "Why did you choose to tell me this first?" I found myself asking.

"Oh no I told Ace about days ago."

I froze.

"And I also know that you too spent the night together."

I gasped and my eyes widen in embarrassment, "No no no we didn't do anything."

"I don't care to hear about that." He said briskly. "Right now is the right time for the breakup."

"What break up?" A deep voice boomed from behind me and I turned to see sea blue eyes studying me intensely.

"You and Quinn should break up now. Before any more feelings start to develop." Carl announced. Hearing him say it, again and again, was draining the life out of me.

How did I let myself get this attached?

Why is the thought of doing this so hard, do I have feelings for Ace?

"What if it's too late for that?"

Ace walked forward and held my delicate hand in his slightly rough but warm hand. It was a feeling I didn't want to let go of. His words still startled me. Too late? Does he have actually feelings for me? Do we both have actually feelings for each other?

"Then I guess the break up would be harder than we expected," Carl said sternly.

Ace furrowed his eyebrows. "You know, I don't see why we have to break up though. Our families want it, our fans love it and we.... Well, we seem to be doing okay." He rambled and glanced at me at the last part. "But you seem to be too excited at the thought of Quinn and I breaking up. Us being together makes my grandfather see me as responsible enough and our partners too so I don't see why we should break up now."

That's right... he's only saying it so he would be in the favor of his grandfather.

Carl sighed and clicked his tongue looking at both Ace and me simultaneously. "So you want to wait till you become the president before you break up?" He asked skeptically.

Ace nodded.

"I believe I have the right to talk here." I sprang up and abruptly took my hands for Ace's grip.

"Yes yes please." Carl chanted.

"Can we talk in private, just Ace and I?"

Carl paused, nodded and walked away.

"Did I say something wrong?" He asked immediately we were alone.

I knew this day was going to come and I had been doing a lot of thinking about when would be the right time to end it.