32| The Story Begins

♡♡♡
ACE

I can't remember when last I had been to a hospital. I hate that place. I had a very traumatizing experience here and tried to forget it every day of my life.

I watched my aunt pant up and down the waiting room and run her hands through her hair. Her husband was sitting beside me. Believe me, that was the last place I wanted to be. But I had to be there to show my respects.

After what happened with Quinn yesterday I hadn't been myself, for the first time in my life I had no idea of what to do.

Frustrated and tired of waiting I decided to go and get a drink. I lazily stood up and went to the vending machine. My hoodie covered almost half of my face and I had to raise it a little to pick my drink. Just as I was about to take my drink a woman came behind me.

The whiff of her perfume engulfed me with a familiar scent I looked back as I grabbed my drink to take a look at her but her large scarf and huge sunglasses covered her face. I took my change and was about to leave when I turned back.

"Excuse me, do you know me?" I couldn't stop myself from asking.

"No," She answered without turning back and walked away with her drink.

She got the same drink as me. Pure blast. The drink me and my mother always took while my dad had a different taste. The wheels were spinning in my head when her voice no rang in my head and I realized how familiar that sounded too.

Could it be?

I took my hood off immediately and looked around for where she disappeared to. I ran around the hospital like a madman and almost bumped into a patient in a wheelchair, I quickly apologized. I looked around me but couldn't find her again.

I was probably just overthinking. I went back to the waiting place to see Liam and Myra had already arrived.

"Hey," Myra said as I sat beside her and I nodded.

"They said it's poisoning," She breathed.

I raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"Yeah my mum and dad just went with the doctor, grandpa's still asleep."

"How would he get poisoned? Only one person cooks his food and she's been doing it for years."

"You're confused? I'm fucking confused too."

I shook my head and shut my eyes. "What the fuck is going on?"

"He's the owner of a multi-billionaire company. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would have attempted to poison him." Liam finally spoke like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Yeah people like you," I said.

"Honestly I think you're more of a culprit. I mean everyone knows how much I adore him while you on the other hand would literally openly show your hatred," He chuckled. "Ace...... you're more of a suspect."

"Really? His real grandson is more of a suspect than his step-grandson?"

"Wow you really used that card, did you? I feel really bad for him that he has a grandson like you, you could plan his death anytime out of hatred."

"Ah stop that nonsense would you?" Myra said giving him a disgusted look.

"Oh, what do you know? Just keep jumping hoops or whatever you do." He retaliated.

"You don't even know what I do. You know nothing about me. So kindly shut the fuck up."

Their sibling's banter continued and I used my hood to cover my face again and sank into my seat trying to get Liam's words out of my head.