49| The Manchesters revenge

♡♡♡
Quinn

My dad remained silent for the rest of the car ride while I continued rereading Ace's letter. My tears had stained almost every part of it and I finally gently folded it and placed it in my back pocket with trembling hands.

Taking a deep breath and pushing my hair away from my face I finally had the strength to do what I needed to do. "Dad?" I called and he hummed in response with his eyes on the road.

"Take me to Ace's grandfather."

We almost had an accident as his hands slipped off the wheel due to my words but he quickly got back on track with heavy breaths and his eyes goggling between the road and me. "What? Why? Quinn don't do anything dangerous."

"Take me there or I'm getting down from the car right now and you won't see me at home."

He heaved a sigh and took a turn. I pressed my palm against my thigh, trying to muster as much strength as I could for what I wanted to do. The soft patter of rain against the window of the car took my attention off my nerves and I got lost in the rain. Soon it was pouring heavily and it weirdly made me feel calm and relaxed.

My father parked in front of the hospital and I didn't wait for another word to come out of his mouth before I dashed out and jogged to the sky-rise building under the pouring rain.

I was about to walk to the nurse behind the reception desk but my eyes captured something else. Carl.... And the blonde girl.

I swallowed as our eyes connected. They were standing opposite me. Carl looked composed as usual it didn't shake me but her... she looked as bad as I did. I tore my gaze away from them as Carl took long strides towards me.

"Quinn Manchester... I didn't expect to see you here," His dry voice came out and I tapped my fingers against the side of my tights before looking at him again.

"I came to see Mr Winston... am I not allowed to do that anymore since Ace was kept in jail?" I asked and he stared back at me with his sharp eyes before placing his hands in the pocket of his suit and pursing his lips together.

"Of course you can. I was just taking Miss Kim there. Care to join us?" He opened his arm towards the blonde, inviting me to join them.

What do I have to lose?

I slowly nodded and he began to lead the way toward the elevator. He stood in the middle of us, a little more forward than where she and I stood.

She was nervously biting her nails and occasionally let out exasperated sighs and stole glances from me. I refused to look at her and kept my head straight. The elevator finally opened and Carl led us to a private room where two couches were placed with a TV opposite them, a mini kitchen, and a coffee table with two seats.

He pointed at a door opposite us. "He's in there, he's still unconscious. I'll be here. You can go in," he clarified before stepping back.

"Do you-" I walked past the blonde before she could finish her sentence and went into the room.

She came in after me and shut the door. The room was quiet, only filled with the sound of a machine beeping beside the man lying on the bed with his eyes shut.

I had to see him myself. To tell him to get the fuck up before Ace's life is ruined.

"Can I ask you something?" She requested and I glanced at her before looking back at Mr. Winston.

"Do you really love Ace?"

Irritation crossed my face and I gritted my teeth. "No, I'm just here to waste my time."