07| Meeting With The Devils

~~Tag your friends here to share this story ♥️♥️~~

ACE

I tried to focus on the files on my desk but I could still feel their gaze on me. I flipped through the file, it was my schedule for today put together by Alex.

I suddenly looked up not able to take it anymore and they hurriedly looked away and began to examine whatever their eyes landed on.

The woman whose name was Lilly was looking at her bag like it was the most complex thing in the world and she was trying to figure out how they made it, I snorted at her trying to be serious. The man whose name was Pablo had opened a laptop and started typing like he was forced to write a suicide note. He should be writing to whatever store he bought that trouser from and asking for a refund.

I exhaled and looked at Alex, he suppressed a laugh and I chuckled shaking my head.

"It's time for your meeting with board members." Alex told me and I nodded getting my coat.

I wore my coat and kept my hands in its pocket "Shall we?" I asked Alex and we walked out of the office.

I was more than sure that Lilly and Pablo gaze at us leaving from the side of their eyes before finally releasing their breath.

We entered an elevator and Alex spoke "Sir... May I ask you a question?" I nodded and he continued, "Why did you reject me then change your mind two weeks ago?"

"Because you seemed pitiful, and I have to break you from that shell unless you'll get trampled on in a place like this." I glanced at my watch.

"Uh?" Alex asked, at that moment the elevator opened and I walked out.

He hurriedly caught up to me. The Winston's company is about six plot of lands and each plot is a skyrise with very skilled workers. We produce anything from Air conditioners to cars, I recently heard of a new robot project. Right now I was in Building 4 where I'll be training to take over the company.

It's going to be a very hard and dangerous path because, with the kind of fortune this company brings, there are bound to be many money eaters who would do anything to get their hands on the company, and my biggest threat yet is my uncle and his son Liam.

But I'll do everything I can to protect this company, cause it's the only way to achieve my goal.

"We are here sir." Alex announced to me, we got to a black large door at the end of the hallway on floor 10.

He pushed open the door and a bright light beamed from the room, It was from the sun reflecting through the walls of the room.

I adjusted my eyes to the light and walked in with Alex behind me. I noticed the gaze of all the board members on me as I walked to the end of the meeting table where Carl was waiting for me.

I stood at the end of the table and sucked in a breath. I could see my grandfather, Mr. Jefferson, and Liam those were the only men I recognized.

"Hello, I'm Ace Winston.... Heir to the Winston company," I greeted them and did a neck bow.

"Welcome, welcome," Liam laughed, clapping while giving me a standing ovation.

The board members felt obligated to imitate him and reluctantly stood up and clapped lightly, at least they're welcoming.

"Mr. Winston.. your seat," Alex urged me to the first seat at the side of the table and I sat down.

"Ah! Ace."

I turned to who called me and saw Mr. Jefferson, my aunt's spouse. "It's your first day at work, must be a lot of responsibility and challenging but you have to get used to it right?"