30| Lost Her

♡♡♡
ACE

They held hands and exchanged their names leaving me dumbfounded.

I immediately took Kenna's hands away.

"We aren't dating," I said again to Harry. "She's Quinn's best friend. I can't do that."

"So if she wasn't her best friend...... you would," He narrowed his eyes at me and I rolled mine.

I didn't have the strength to deal with Harry. I led Kenna out of the elevator and into my office.

Harry followed behind us and Kenna looked at him suspiciously. "Does he have to be here?" she asked me.

"Absolutely not," I smiled and gave Harry a look.

He sighed and walked out.

"So hey what's up," I turned back to Kenna.

"A lot...... we have a lot to talk about."

~~~~~♡♡♡~~~~~

It was getting dark outside and almost everyone has gone to their homes. I was still in the office trying to finalize a deal we have with one of our sponsors when someone barged into my office.

Alarmed, I stood up instantly but calmed down when I realized that it was Nana. But she had puffy red eyes and her whole body was shaking.

I instantly held her in my arms and she fell into my embrace. "What's wrong?" I asked her worried.

She tried to speak but it came out as a mumble that didn't make any sense. I held her hands and she buried her face into my neck while sobbing. Her vibrating hands didn't stop shaking.

"I hate this," She finally managed to say between the sobs. I had no idea what she was talking about but I still wanted to be there for her. Being with her like this reminded me of when we were kids and she would always be there for me when my mum and dad began their fights again. She was always so mature and always hide her sorrows, seeing her break down like this was rare.

"It's okay," I whispered and caressed her hair to calm her down.

"No, it's not...... No, it's not Ace."

I guided her to the couch and sat with her in my arms. Her sobs had turned to silent sobs now. I didn't say anything and wanted her to let out all her pain. I wanted to take away all her pain, I hated seeing the people I care about in pain.

"What happened?" I finally asked.

Her clench on my torso tightened. "You'll hate me."

"Talk. I'm always here for you."

"It's my dad."

She relaxed and slowly left my embrace but still held my hands. She looked into my eyes as she continued.

"Do you know about the killings that have been happening? The ones where the police are saying their deaths might be related to drugs. Not meaning they died from an overdose but that someone killed them because they were exposed for taking drugs."

I had heard something about what she was saying on the news recently and someone people at work have been talking about it.

"Yeah?"

"My dad's the drug dealer," She confessed and I froze in shock.

"I know how bad this sounds believe me I know," She mumbled as her breath began to shake again and her eyes watered. "He told me today and he expected me to take over the business someday..... and I don't want that," Her voice almost disappeared with the last few words. Worry was laced with her words and the tears dropped. She took her hand to her chest like her heart was burning.