37| Favorite Mistake

♡♡♡
XENIA

The tension in the air was excruciating and I would rather be anywhere but here. I sighed for the hundredth time that day and Milo chuckled at my actions with an amused look in his eyes. I looked at him from across the table. We were at a cafe in school which was filled with students having a drink or reading.

"You're having so much fun with this aren't you?" I asked through gritted teeth.

He smirked and leaned on the table, flexing his biceps which were on full display due to his shirt which stopped at his upper arm. "I hate that you still have to suck up to this dude. I'm certainly not enjoying this. I would rather put a hole in his skull," He scoffed.

"It's just for a few days, we'll expose him soon. We've gone over this. We both behave as if nothing happened and lure him to the theatre where we'll both act like we're just finding out about all this."

"That's stupid." He protested taking a sip from his americano. "Just let's deal with him here, it's faster."

"No! Ryan has a huge pride... We need to bring him down and embarrass him."

"I can help with the embarrassing part."

"Really? How? Do you have something on him?" I widened my eyes in excitement and he laughed.

I was about to tell him to spill it when my phone beeped with a message from Ryan.

Ryan❤️: I'm so sorry I'm running late love. I think the boys are playing some sort of prank on me. All my clothes were gone when I was done with practice. I'll be at the cafe soon.

I paused and raise my eyes to an amused Milo. A smile slowly found its way to my lips and I burst out in laughter making him join me.

"I guess you know now," He mumbled and I slapped his arm.

"Milo!" I laughed. "You're so brutal and that's a classic prank."

"I can just imagine him running around with a towel asking who took his clothes and accusing those poor kids," He said mockingly and I shook my head.

"That's a good start to the revenge okay." We fist-bumped and his smile was the cherry on top.

"I was actually thinking..." He began slowly as I took a sip of my drink.

I waited for him to continue but he shifted uncomfortably in his seat and opened his mouth to speak but shut it again and threw his hair back as a low grunt escaped his lips. He stared at me deeply.

"What?" I asked feeling the blush creeping from my neck to my cheeks.

"I don't know Xenia," He breathed still keeping his eyes on me.

"Is something stressing you out?"

"Yes, you."

My heartbeat increased and I could hear the rate of it in my ears. My hands became sweaty and my throat went dry. He knocked the words right from my throat and all I could see was his deep brown eyes staring into mine, looking so deep in thought and dragging me into his world. There's just something about guys with brown eyes.

"You make me worry about you all the time, you're all that's in my head and I'm not even complaining. It's so confusing how someone can have this much effect on me, I want you by my side at all times I always have. But you were with someone else. I had to find a way to stay by you hence the best friend tag. Do you know how many times I've wanted to hold you in my arms and bury my face in your neck..... to feel your lips on mine with our heartbeats syncing. I've wanted to do so much with you but I wanted you to be happy. I've always been here Xenia. I think everyone probably knows about my feelings for you, that's why your lover boy doesn't like me. And now that you've seen his through colors I hate that you still have to meet him and remember how he hurt you. And I know how much you love him, I hate that. I just want you to be happy and forget all bad times, I want to be there for you like I always have."