45| Hey Barbies

♡♡♡
Xenia

"Breaking news: Quinn Manchester and billionaire Ace Winston have just announced their engagement after dating for months"

Myra tapped my arm repeatedly at the words of the person on stage and we squealed at the same time.

"You knew?!"

"Yes," I laughed and nodded and she pouted with a smile on her face.

"Ace didn't even tell me, all we talk about is our grandfather's health and the investigation."

We watched as everyone cheered and some people looked over at us where we were standing to see our reaction. When Myra and I had started hanging around rumors started flying some saying we were faking our friendship for the media and some saying we're dating. Believe me, it doesn't end there.

The event manager for the movie night caught everyone's attention again and announced the movie we would be watching while telling those at the snack stands to take their seats.

Myra and I were standing at the tree not too far away from where the seats were placed. It was getting dark and the huge projector was now showing the new Barbie logo ready to start the movie. Most people were dressed in pink as expected. There was a huge poll released a few days ago for the students to vote for us to see either Barbie or Oppenheimer for the movie night and of course, Barbie won.

I looked down and adjusted my Barbie-inspired outfit. My pink shorts were topped with a white crop top which had Barbie written on it with pink glitter stones. Today I had my hair pulled away from my face with a pink headband. Myra who had also voted for Barbie had a short pink flare skirt with a pink crochet butterfly top and added a sunshade as an accessory to her short blonde hair.

"You see him?" Myra asked as her eyes scanned the field looking for our supposed ken.

"Nope, he must be hiding considering we both bought tickets for our boyfriend," I pointed out and she snickered.

"Hey Barbies," A familiar voice boomed from behind us and we turned around to see a Ken in an all-black outfit.

"Hey Ken," we both laughed as Milo pulled me in for a hug and kissed my forehead.

"You guys still going on with your mission?" He asked and rolled his eyes as we nodded.

"Do you know where he is?" I asked him as he began to draw circles at the base of my waist.

He mumbled something incoherently and I twisted his ear forcing him to speak up.

"Ouch!" He moaned and rubbed his ear. "That's not how a Barbie treats her Ken."

Myra and I shared a look as we both crossed our hands over her chest. "Where is he?" We both asked.

"The popcorn stand," Milo groaned and we flashed him a smile.

"See that wasn't so hard Ken was it?" Myra smirked.

"So you'll take the seats and I'll go bring him," I said to Myra and she nodded while taking a deep breath.

"You two are nominated for the real-life Barbie you know that? And he's nominated for Ken," Milo said.

"Really?" Myra's eyes widened.

"Don't worry you'll get it, you're literally our Margot Robbie." I caressed her arm and she gave me a side smile.

"It's not like I want it want it," she whispered and Milo and I raised our eyebrows at her, telling her to be for real.