50| His sacrifice

♡♡♡
Ace

"You what?!"

"I locked her in the room..." Alex repeated nervously and I groaned while slumping down the metal seat beneath me.

"You abducted her and decided to lock her in the room without any explanation. Alex when I asked you to look after her I didn't exactly have this in mind!" I said through gritted teeth. He adjusted his glasses on his nose bridge.

"If I hadn't thought fast Mr. Winston. There won't have been anyone to look after. They were going to send her there and no one would have been able to get her out then," he said.

"Yeah, you thought fast on that. Thank you... But she's probably scared and confused now. Call one of the guards there and tell them to open her room door but not to let her leave."

He hurriedly took out his phone and made the call. "I don't think she'll leave either way, I told her I was from you," he added.

"Don't let anyone see her, except Kenna. She's the only one you should trust right now. If Quinn gets to leave, she'll try to do something... Anything to get me out. I can't let her be in danger. Only let her leave once... Once I'm gone..."

"Sir.."

"No words Alex," I said sharply before he could ask me to think about my decision again.

When I started falling for Quinn I knew danger was lurking close to us so I bought a vacation home far from the city where we could go if anything happened. No one knows about the place apart from Alex.

"I can't believe you're ruining your life for her," Alex sniffed and my head snapped.

My head snapped. "No, I'm fixing the life that was never supposed to have gone through any of this."

"But isn't there any other way?"

"No." My throat went dry and I ran my hands through my hair. "It's a redemption, Alex."

We both went silent until I decided to ask.

"How's he?"

"He's still unconscious but the doctor said he's reacting positively to the drugs. If we're lucky he'll survive and I know he'll drop this case and you can leave this place," Alex said and folded his hands into a fist which made me smile.

He had been so mad at my decision to take the blame, he refused to talk to me at first even though he was the one who willingly came to see me.

"You've grown well Alex," I said with a tilted smile. His mouth was agape in shock before he shut it and hung his head with a little smile.

"Thank you... for everything Mr. Winston," he whispered and I chuckled then heard him sniffle.

"What? Are you crying?" I said alarmed and lowered my head to see his face. He continuously shook his head and took his glasses before wiping his face and another sniff was heard.

"Alex-"

"It's just that... you've been through so much as a child and now you're doing this. You're always the victim of situations you weren't even involved in. I didn't know you much before I started working for you. I thought you'd be snobby and obnoxious but... you're kind and generous and not stuck up, you look out for others, you always think of others, you're... you're really fun to be around. Working with you was a real eye-opener. I honestly think you don't deserve any of this, you're so kind." He was sobbing when the last sentence came out and I stared at him in shock and pursed my lips.

"You really, you really changed my life. You might not know it but you did, your words and the way you tried to always make me more confident in myself. You've never brought someone down or been rude to those below you. And I- you became my role model once I got to know you and it hurts that I can't do anything to protect you now," he continued and then finally looked up. His nose was pink and tears were dried up on his face.