17| Exes and wishes

♡♡♡

QUINN

It was a play, right? We agreed it was all a deal to free ourselves later. We both agreed to no strings attached right?

I must have a really strong curse when it comes to relationships as they always end the same way.

I remember eight years ago and ten years ago when I had the same fate. The worst was eight years ago, it's always a girl I have never met who somehow manages to ruin my relationship.

My first relationship was with a senior when I was a freshman. He asked me to prom but his girlfriend was introduced to me the night before prom. I must have been stupid to think he would go for someone like me, then I had braces and my curly hair was always puffy. I wonder if he was just being nice and it was all my imagination making me think he wanted to be more than friends.

I shouldn't even call that a relationship, it was more like a fairytale that ended in tears.

Eight years ago was my worst experience. I had to find out from his mother, yes his mother. I was still in shock from everything that was happening when his mother dropped the bomb. I remember her thick British accent dripping from her voice as she said, "It's all your fault, I'm never going to let you near him. I'm going to get him married to you know who."

It felt like my heart was pulled out from my chest once she said that. It turns out that she wanted him to get married to her friend's daughter. That was her fairy tale that also ended in tears.

And now a relationship which should have never started is repeating the same brutal fate.

"I'm his Fiancee."

"That's too far... you can't hurt Quinn's feelings like that...watch it," Harry pouted coming to my view, as he stared down the blonde who rolled her eyes.

It still felt like the air was sucked out from my lungs. But I know for sure, that Ace wouldn't be so brutal to hide such a thing.

"Where's your ring?" I finally had the courage to say. She scoffed and shifted her weight from her left limb to her right. She seemed like those girls who have been spoilt their whole life.

"We haven't exchanged rings yet, but everyone knows we are together. But you're sticking to us like a disgusting gum."

"Kim Na young, cut it," Ace finally said, getting up from the couch. I felt like the odd one out there, there's just this feeling that swirled around in my stomach.

Ace turned his gaze to me and I made sure to hold it. "Ace, who is she?" I asked, locking my eyes in his.

"She's...."

"She's what?" I breathed.

"She's a childhood friend."

"Whom he is going to marry," The girl perked up before I could say anything. Ace instantly let out a hiss and turn to her with a burning gaze.

"Who said you're getting married? He's dating Quinn who wouldn't date Quinn over you," Harry said and turned to me with a cute smile.

"Shut up Harry." She glared at him.

"Nana, you should leave," Ace stated, getting a handbag on the chair and handing it to her.

She pouted and turned to him. "I can't leave like this. I'm finally back from korea, I know I was gone for long and you dated a few girls and broke up with them. Can't you do the same to Quinn, she's just one of them-"

"Stop it!" Ace said, through gritted teeth once she said the last statement.

That's the last straw.