40| A Dangerous Couple

♡♡♡
Quinn

The blood rushed through my veins as Mr. Kim stood before us with a devilish smile lingering on his lips. Ace instinctively pulled me closer to him which earned a mocking laugh from Mr. Kim.

Knowing how dangerous the man Ace once trusted, made me wonder how his life became like this.

"Did you come to introduce me to your girlfriend?" He chuckled and walked to a minibar at the side of the room. "Drinks?"

He didn't wait for us to answer before walking over with a bottle of Hennessy and three glass cups. He sat and poured the drink into the cups. Deciding to take the first move, I held Ace's hand in mine and lead us to seat across from him.

"Good evening Mr. Kim.... I don't believe we've met before." I gave him a perfect smile and he returned it.

"So what calls for this?" He questioned, taking the drink in his cup down in one gulp.

I reached for my glass and gulped it down just as fast as him. I wiped my mouth and my glass made a clinking sound as I placed it on the table. "You really have no idea?" I raised an eyebrow.

I loved how Ace trusted me enough to let me begin what we went there for. I could fully access Mr. Kim and figure out his weakness. I still couldn't believe he was responsible for all those deaths. His warm smile, the way his eyes almost disappeared whenever he laughed, his square-shaped glasses which sat on his nose bridge, and the way he was dressed comfortably made him seem like a normal friendly man but he was the exact opposite.

With the knowledge I have of him, his warm smile now seems mocking and dangerous and his rich laughs now seem like a warning to save yourself.

"Other than Ace trying to tell us he isn't interested in our daughter anymore by bringing you here no," He said giving Ace a quick smile and turning back to me. "She's a feisty one Ace."

I smirked.

"Thank you. I'll take your last sentence as a compliment," I laughed and threw my hair behind my shoulder. "And yes, please. This fine man over here is taken by me as you all know so I have no idea why you're hurting your daughter by pushing her toward a man whose heart belongs to another."

"Nayoung and Ace go way back miss Manchester," Mr. Kim said with a low growl and I nodded.

"And so do we," I said as a matter of fact while holding his gaze and he remained silent only letting a huff escape his lips.

His dark eyes locked with mine and neither of us wanted to break away first. I gave him a little smile.

"Mr. Kim we're here about what happened the other night." Ace broke the tension with a straight face.

We broke our eye contact at Ace's words.

Mr. Kim turned to Ace immediately with a look of surprise on his face. He returned his gaze to me and back to Ace and let out a rich laugh. He shook his head and poured himself another drink.

"We?" He questioned between the laugh. "You mean your precious little lamb here also knows about my company? You're going around telling people Ace? Putting innocent people in danger?"

"You really didn't expect Ace to keep stuff from me did you?" I chuckled. I could feel how this conversation was putting a lot of things at risk but I was ready to take that risk.

"I didn't expect Ace to bring you to your death darling."

"Mr. Kim!" Ace yelled as slammed his hand on the table creating a loud bang sound and stood up.